When you search for jobs every company has interviews scheduled where in everyone has interview rounds for the particular opted company, so now the question arises that how do you stand different from your classmates and get that particular position or designation you need in that company here will be telling you five skills that will help you stand different from everybody else and you may secure your position that you have desired.
1. You need to show off your communication skills to recruiters that means that if you communicate and influence the recruiters or show them that you don’t have any communication barrier or you are comfortable to have professional talks and you can express yourself in your workplace it will be a Star to your profile because not everybody has that skill set of effective communication and impressing others via having a proper conversation with them so if you can do so it is a plus point for you and helps you stand out from that particular crowd
2. If you need the recruiter to be impressed by your profile and if you are pursuing your engineering in any programming field so make sure you have a well crafted programming portfolio because that can be your golden ticket okay because if you are sitting with your classmates and everybody has a normal or an average programming portfolio but you have made an excellent portfolio for yourself and your portfolio says it all it reduces your competition with other people because that is a very big point that recruiters can see in your resume so if you have that portfolio with you make sure you add it in your resume so the recruiter gets a very valid Point to select you over them.
3. You should not only add academics but also you should add everything that you have done, that is additional skills that is beyond your degree- be it any online courses that you have done, any internships you have done or any basic normal knowledge that you have in particular field everything! be it any coding competition you have took part in or any interview questions that you have crossed Hacker rank position, everything basic algorithms that you have built or languages that you have learnt everything that you have done in addition to your degree course just add it in your resume because it will boast it into 50 times more and your recruiter will surely look into that with a plus point.
4. Next is that you should be ready for multiple answers or solutions to any problem statement that they give you recruiters mostly want to see that how much good enough are you solving that particular problem in this case your problem Solving skill is examined and the more good answers you give them or practical solutions you give them your recruiter will be more impressed through your answers so make sure you let give them proper answers and valid solutions to their problems because not only they will examine your answer and the solutions that you provide but also they will look for its validity in practical life so give them multiple answers or solutions but they should be practically possible.
5. Lastly mention how you are separate from your peers or classmates in this case you do not have to degrade or show that your classmates are lower skills than you. You can just humbly tell them that you have such social media assets in which you can just tell them about your LinkedIn profile or any achievements that you have are some appreciations that you have received in your particular past internships or from any place you have worked in etc. but you need to inform them that how you are different from your peers and what additional qualities that you have that the recruiter should select you over them.
These will help you get noticed in the crowd and help you crack the interview.