Questionbanks | CNPG
A quick guide to Bh.Questionbanks
Brainheaters Questionbanks is the collection of handpicked set of questions which are mostly repeated, important and recommended. Learning this set of questions can easily help you top or even just clear the exams. Given below are Expected Questionbanks for semester.
1. What factors affect a runoff data at a particular site?
2. Discuss the various factors affecting the selection of generation equipments
3. Explain load curve and load duration curve.
4. Explain different types of tariffs.
5. Explain effects of fluctuating load on operation of power plant. Also describe methods of meeting fluctuating load.
6. Describe the Load factor and Plant Capacity factor.
7. What factors affect a Runoff data at a particular site?
8. The maximum demand of a power station is 9600KW. It has to supply the load as follows:
(Given Table) 1) Draw Load curve and Load Duration curve, 2) Calculate Load factor.
9. Define: a) Plant use factor b) Load factor c) Utilization factor d) Demand factor e) Diversity factor
1. What is the necessity of cooling the condenser water?
2. Discuss the role of super-heater and its impact on the performance of power plant.
3. What are the different types of fluidized bed system (FBS)? Discuss the principle of basic FBS and its advantages and disadvantages.
4. Explain Thermal power plant in detail with its neat block diagram.
5. Explain Ash handling plant in Steam power station.
6. Explain Rankine cycle.
7. Draw and explain water tube and fire tube boiler.
8. Explain: a) Superheater b) Economizer c) Reheater d) Air Preheater
1. Discuss the broad classification of hydroelectric power plant.
2. State advantages of pumped storage plant.
3. Explain important factors governed for selection OR selection criteria of site of Hydro power plant. Also state advantages and disadvantages of the plant.
4. Draw a neat layout of Hydroelectric power plant and explain in brief: 1) Reservoir 2) Dam, 3) Penstock, 4) Surge tank
1. Discuss the working of liquid metal fast breeder reactor with diagram and its advantages and disadvantages.
2. What is nuclear Fission, Fusion and Plasma?
3. Draw a neat diagram of nuclear reactors and explain in brief essential components of nuclear reactor.
4. Explain operation of PWR nuclear reactor with its advantages and disadvantages.
5. Explain Pressurized water reactor with its advantages and disadvantages.
1. Discuss the role of various components of a gas turbine power plant. OR State advantages and disadvantages of Gas turbine power plant. OR Explain the performance of Gas turbine power plant.
2. Draw and explain general layout of Diesel power plant. OR Explain operation of Diesel power plant with layout.
1. How the fuel cells are categorized? Discuss the basic principle of fuel cell operation.
2. Discuss the working OR operation of horizontal and vertical axis wind turbine.
3. What is solar pond technology? Discuss the working of solar pond electric power plant.
4. Describe operation of solar pond with layout. OR Describe Solar power plant. Write short notes on Solar Active and Passive collectors.
5. Explain operation of Solar PV cell. Describe method of manufacturing monocrystalline and polycrystalline PV cell.
6. Write about the Conventional and Non-conventional sources of Energy.
7. Write a short note on MHD.