Questionbanks | EDC (Electrical)
A quick guide to Bh.Questionbanks
Brainheaters Questionbanks is the collection of handpicked set of questions which are mostly repeated, important and recommended. Learning this set of questions can easily help you top or even just clear the exams. Given below are Expected Questionbanks for semester.
1. Explain the V-I characteristics and applications of Zener diode. OR Zener diode as Voltage regulator
2. Explain the construction and principle of operation of Schottky diode with one application.
3. Explain full wave rectifier with neat diagram and waveforms. Also explain RC filter.
4. Draw FWR with C filter and describe the circuit operation with waveform.
5. Compare the performance of C ,L, LC filters. OR Give the comparison between C, LC and CLC filters that are used in rectifiers.
6. Explain drift current and diffusion current.
7. Draw the circuit diagram of bridge rectifier with LC filter with all the waveforms and derive the expression for ripple factor.
8. Explain the working principle of the following semiconductor devices. i) PIN diode ii) FET iii) L-C tank circuit iv) Schottky diode
1. Two port Network
2. Explain the modelling of CE BJT in h-parameter and hence derive the expression for voltage gain.
3. Explain different biasing techniques in BJT.
4. Explain the input and output characteristics of CE BJT OR differential amplifier.
5. Explain DC load line in common emitter BJT.
6. Thermal stabilization and compensation.
7. State the various biasing techniques used in BJT and calculate the values of (Given any Numerical) for the following circuit shown of Silicon transistor with (Given any value).
8. Explain in brief the h-parameter model in BJT. OR H parameter model used in Transistor.
9. Explain the working of CE amplifier with its frequency response.
10. What is the thermal runaway in transistor? How it can be compensated.
11. Frequency response of BJT amplifier.
12. Derive the expression for voltage gain, current gain, input impedance, output impedance of CE amplifier.
13. Compare CC and CE Amplifier.
14. Draw and explain voltage divider biasing circuit.
1. Derive an expression for the voltage gain of CS differential amplifier.
2. Give the different types of MOSFETs and explain any one with its construction and working.
3. Draw and explain the construction of Junction field Effect Transistor.
4. Draw and explain D-type MOSFET in detail with its input and output characteristics.
5. Differentiate JFET and MOSFET in terms of symbol, construction, Input Impedance, biasing methods used and also source and drain characteristics.
6. Explain why FET is free from thermal runaway.
7. Input Output and Transfer Characteristics of FET
1. Draw the circuit diagram of current series feedback amplifier and derive the expression for the input and output impedance and voltage gain with feedback.
2. Explain the re model of BJT.
3. State the various types of negative feedback amplifiers and compare these amplifiers in terms of block diagram, feedback gain, bandwidth, Noise, frequency distortion, stability and amplifier type.
4. For the transistor amplifier shown below with (Given any value) Calculate (Given any value).
5. Explain the concept of Negative feedback with its advantages. OR Draw and Explain the different types of feedback amplifiers.
1. Draw the circuit of Darlington emitter follower. Derive the expressions for its voltage gain, input impedance, output impedance and current gain. OR Darlington pair
2. What is Darlington configuration? Why is it used in BJT.
3. Explain the features of multistage RC coupled amplifier. Draw the neat circuit diagram of two stage R-C coupled transistor amplifier and also give its frequency response.
1. UJT relaxation Oscillator
2. Draw the circuit diagram of colpitts oscillator and explain the working. Derive the expression for the frequency of oscillation.
3. Explain the sufficient and necessary conditions for the oscillations.
4. State the Barkhausen’s criteria used in oscillators and explain the R-C phase shift oscillator in detail.
5. A Hartley Oscillator (Given any Numerical). Determine the frequency of oscillation.
6. With the working Principle used in Oscillators explain the Colpitts Oscillator In detail with circuit diagram and equations.
7. Draw circuit for R-C phase shift oscillator. Derive an expression for its frequency of Oscillation.
8. What type of feedback is used in oscillation? Explain Wien bridge Oscillator with neat diagram.