Questionbanks | EDC-I (Electronics)
A quick guide to Bh.Questionbanks
Brainheaters Questionbanks is the collection of handpicked set of questions which are mostly repeated, important and recommended. Learning this set of questions can easily help you top or even just clear the exams. Given below are Expected Questionbanks for semester. To get the solutions to this questions just simply click the Notes and you will be redirected to our notes, Bh.Notes holds all the answers of Semester !
1. For diodes, define forward voltage drop, maximum forward current, dynamic resistance, reverse saturation current and reverse breakdown voltage.
2. For diodes, discuss different types of junction breakdowns in detail.
3. What is DC load line of a diode, draw DC load line for the given circuit. (Given Circuit)
4. Define the followings related to diode: i) Cut-in voltage ii) Forward characteristics iii) Reverse characteristics iv) Diffusion capacitance v) Temperature effects.
5. Draw energy band diagram of PN Junction diode under zero bias and under forward bias.
6.What happens when PN Junction diode is forward biased, explain considering any suitable application.
7. What is Clamping circuit? Explain with neat Input and Output waveforms for Negative Clamping circuit.
1. With neat diagram, explain minority carrier distribution in npn transistor operating in forward active mode.
2. Explain working of BJT considering all possible modes of operation.
3. Draw output characteristics of BJT in CE configuration and state the importance of active region.
4. For the given BJT circuit, find Current gain, Voltage gain, Input resistance and Output resistance.
5.Determine ICq, VCEq, VC and VE for the BJT based given circuit.(Given Circuit)
6.Compare CB, CE and CC amplifiers.
7.Explain how CC configuration of BJT gives voltage gain less than 1.
8.Derive equation of input resistance, current gain and voltage gain for CC amplifier.
1. Explain two terminal MOS structure.
2. Compare enhancement type and depletion type MOSFET on the basis of their construction, working principle, characteristics and biasing.
3. A n-channel JFET with (Given any value),
i) If (Given any value), calculate the value of VGS.
ii) Calculate (Given any value)
iii) Calculate transconductance (Given any value) .
4. Discuss structure and working of MOSFET. Draw VI characteristics and explain.
5. Explain non-linear effects in MOSFET.
6. Derive the equation of threshold voltage V Th of n-channel enhancement MOSFET.
7. Neatly sketch all FET characteristics. Explain how various parameters can be determined from the characteristics. State drain current equation of FET
8. Explain construction, working and characteristics of D MOSFET.
9. Justify how current flows in E MOSFET even in absence of channel inside.
10. For the given E MOSFET circuit, determine Idq and VDSq. (Given Circuit)
11. For the given MOSFET amplifier circuit, find (Given any value) (Given Circuit) Given: (Given any value)
12. Explain with the help of construction that MOSFET gives more input resistance than JFET. -
13. For the given E MOSFET amplifier, determine IDq, VGSq and VDS. (Given Circuit)
14. For the voltage divider biased E MOSFET circuit, derive equation of Input Resistance, voltage gain and output resistance. (Given Circuit)
1. Sketch characteristics of PN junction solar cell and explain.
2. Explain operation of Photodiode and avalanche photodiode.
3. Sketch and explain tunnel diode characteristics. Explain applications of this diode.
4. Solar cell
5. How solar cells generate electricity, explain with the help of its structure
6. What is varactor diode? Also state its applications
1. Explain characteristics of Zener diode. Explain zener diode as a voltage regulator.
2. What is the use of filter in power supply? Draw the circuit diagram of C-filter and explain its operation.
3. What is the need of Filters? Explain L filter circuit.
1. How Zener diode is different from Normal diode?
2. Design single stage CE Amplifier for the following specifications:
(Given any value) Stability factor S=10, use transistor BC 147A.