Questionbanks | EG
A quick guide to Bh.Questionbanks
Brainheaters Questionbanks is the collection of handpicked set of questions which are mostly repeated, important and recommended. Learning this set of questions can easily help you top or even just clear the exams. Given below are Expected Questionbanks for semester. To get the solutions to this questions just simply click the Notes and you will be redirected to our notes, Bh.Notes holds all the answers of Semester !
1. Define the following: (i) Core (ii) Era (iii) Engineering Geology (iv) Exfoliation
2. Write Short notes on: (i) Geological properties of building stones. (ii) Crag and Trail (iii) Causes of mass movement. (iv) Chemical weathering?
3. Draw a neat sketch of the following: (i) Pedestal/mushroom rock (ii) Asthenosphere and lithosphere
4. Explain following in brief: (i) Various types of plate boundaries. (iii) Use of seismic waves in understanding the interior of the Earth.
5. Describe 1) The types and importance of weathering with examples. 2) Various landforms created by glaciers. 3) Erosional features of river and wind. 4) Two land for ch created by erosive action of wind and glaciers. 5) Internal structure of Earth.
6. Write the name of S shaped river
7. Explain the geological action of wind with landforms.
8. Name the Water present in the pore spaces of rock beneath the earth surface.
1. Define the following: (i) Rudaceousrock (ii) Cleavage (iii) Basic rock (iv) Metamorphic agents (v) Delta (vi) Cross bedding (vii) Erosion (viii) Dyke
2. Name the following rocks or minerals with the help of given properties: (Given any Minerals)
3. Write the name of the following features: (i) Basin Shaped igneous intrusion (ii) Sedimentary rocks in between lava flows (iii) Boundary between crust and mantle (iv) A texture of rock where all the constituent grains are of equal size (v) The type of metamorphism where pressure plays the dominant role
4. Write Short notes on: (i) Cataclastic structure (ii) Porphyritic texture (iii) Laccolith and batholith. (iv) Water bearing qualities of rock.
5. Draw a neat sketch of the following: (i) Dyke (ii) Alluvial Fan (iii) Isolated water table held by small extension of impervious rock within previous tract. (iv) The structure with bands of minerals alternate with granular minerals. (v) Hanging valley (vi) Alluvial Fan
6. Describe 1) Various textures of igneous rocks. 2) Various agents of metamorphism.
7. Differentiate between (i) Fracture and cleavage (ii) Thermal and Dynamic Metamorphism
8. Give structure and texture of Igneous rocks with suitable example.
9. Explain the various structures of secondary rocks with diagrams. OR What do you mean by acidic and basic rock?
10. How sedimentary rocks are formed, describe any two structures of these rocks.
11. Name the parent rock of marble and quartzite.
1. Define the following: (i) Natural and mechanical joints (ii) Dip and strike (iii) Hade
2. Write the name of the features of Valley made by normal fault
3. Differentiate between (i) Overturned and recumbent fold (ii) Angular unconformity and Nonconformity (iii) Strike and streak (iv) Anticline and syncline (v) Parallel and step fault (vi) Nonconformity and disconformity (vii) Fold axis and axial plane of fold
4. Write Short notes on Order of superposition
5. Draw a neat sketch of the following: (i) Box fold (ii) Columnar joint (iii) Core between normal and inverted the horizontal axis (iv) Group of synclines and anticlines with parallel axes. (v) Two normal faults forming wedge shaped block mountain.
6. Describe the causes and various types of folds with diagrams.
7. What are joints? Explain different types of joints in igneous rocks OR How are columnar and mural joints are formed?
8. Write the lithology and classification of Deccan trap.
9. What are faults ? Give a brief account of various types of Faults in the rocks.
10. State the terminologies of fault. Explain various types of faults with suitable diagrams. OR Give classification of fault. What are the engineering considerations of fault at the site of constructions?
11. Explain concentric fold and similar fold.
12. Explain the importance of core recovery and RQD. Calculate the same from the given data and mention your opinion. Run is 3 meters. (Given Table)
13. What are the different type of folds.
14. What is stratigraphy? Explain laws of stratigraphy.
1. State the importance of geological structures during the construction of dam.
2. Describe the seismic method of geophysical investigation.
3. What are the various forces acting on a dam? Explain suitability of various rocks as foundation on dam site.
4. Write Short notes on: 1) Core recovery, 2) RQD and drill water.
1. Write Short notes on: (i) Solifluction and creep (ii) Influent and effluent stream.
2. Differentiate between any Five of the following: (i) Confined and unconfined aquifer
3. Describe 1) The favourable and unfavourable geological structures while choosing the alignment of tunnel. 2) The zones of groundwater.
4. Define Cone of Depression.
5. Write the name of the features of Cone Shaped water table
6. Discuss about zones of groundwater, water bearing properties of rocks and factors controlling the movement of water in rocks
7. What is an aquifer Explain necessary condition for artesian aquifer.
1. Define the following: (i) Talus slope (ii) Epicentre (iii) Focus (iv) Seismograph
2. Write Short notes on: 1) Ropy and blocky lava, 2) Richter scale. 3) Various causes of landslide? 4) Volcanoes and volcanic products?
3. Differentiate between i) Central eruption and Fissure eruption ii) Central and fissure type eruption.
4. Mention the precautionary measures in earthquake prone areas during construction of building.
5. Name The depression at the mouth of volcano.
6. Explain following in brief Various products erupted during volcanic activities.