Questionbanks | EIC
A quick guide to Bh.Questionbanks
Brainheaters Questionbanks is the collection of handpicked set of questions which are mostly repeated, important and recommended. Learning this set of questions can easily help you top or even just clear the exams. Given below are Expected Questionbanks for semester. To get the solutions to this questions just simply click the Notes and you will be redirected to our notes, Bh.Notes holds all the answers of Semester !
1. Define static characteristics of an instrument.
2. Derive an expression for the resistance using Wheatstone bridge for balanced condition.
3. Define accuracy, precision and sensitivity with suitable example.
4. List name of bridges for RLC measurement with proper classification.
5. Explain Kelvin’s double bridge and its application in very low resistance measurement.
6. Draw and discuss Hay’s bridge and its application for measurement of inductance.
7. Define power and energy and explain working of an energy meter.
8. Draw and discuss Maxwell Bridge and its application for measurement of inductance.
9. Define Q factor and explain working of a Q meter for Q factor measurement.
1. What is cold junction compensation in thermocouples.
2. Explain working of strain gauge and its application in load measurement.
3. List various sensors for pressure and temperature along with their ranges.
4. A galvanometer with a irn A full scale deflection and an internal resistance of 500Ω, is to be used as voltmeter. Find series resistance for 1v and 10v ranges.
5. Compare temperature, transducers Thermistors and thermocouples on the basis of principle, characteristics, ranges and applications.
6. Draw and explain working of capacitive transducer for level measurement.
7. Explain Kelvin’s double bridge and its application in very low resistance measurement.
8. What is eddy current sensor? Explain measurement of current using it.
9. Explain the working principle of LVDT with neat diagram and advantages and disadvantages.
10. Compare temperature transducer with respect to their characteristics and measurement range.
1. Compare analog and digital data acquisition system.
2. Explain basic telemetry system.
3. Explain digital data acquisition system.
4. Draw a block diagram of generalized data acquisition system and explain its components.
5. What is multiplexing? Compare FDM and TDM.
6. Explain landline telemetry and discuss about one landline telemetry system.
1. Compare open loop and closed loop control system with block diagram.
2. Define the following parameters:
ii)Steady state response
iii)Define Type 0, Type 1, Type 2 system.
3. Find transfer function of the given network. (Given Circuit)
4. For a system with transfer function (Give any Value) with unit step input. Find damping ratio, damped frequency of oscillations and time for peak overshoot.
5. Draw signal flow graph for the system shown below. Find overall transfer function C(S)/R(S) using Mason’s Gain formula. (Given any Numerical)
6. Obtain C[s]/R[s] using block diagram reduction technique. (Given Diagram)
1. Explain Hurwitz stability criterion.
2. Using Routh stability criterion determine the stability of the system whose characteristic equation is (Given any Numerical)
3. The system has G(S)H(S)=(Given any value), Using routh criterion find range K for stability.
4. A second order system is given by (Given any value). Find delay time, rise time, peak time, peak overshoot, setting time. Also find expression for its output response.
5. The open loop transfer function of a unity feedback system is given by G(S)= (Given any value)
Sketch the root locus of the system.
6. For unity gain system having G(S)= (Given any value) Sketch root locus and comment on stability.
1. What are the advantages of polar plot. Draw the polar plot of the given transfer function.
G(S) = (Given any value)
2. Explain how the stability of system is analyzed using Nyquist criteria.
3. Draw the bode plot for the given transfer function with unity feedback G(S)= (Given any value)
Calculate gain margin, phase margin and comment on stability.
4. Draw bode plot for following transfer function is G(S)= (Given any value) & Predict stability.