Importance | Electrical Engineering
List of importance for Fourth year | Semester 7
1. Explain the stability criterion of digital system.
2. Issues implementing PID controller.
3. Importance and use of data file of PLC.
4. Different addressing modes of PLC
5. Compare lag and lead compensator
6. Explain different forms of industrial PID controllers.
7. Short note on modelling of the sampler in digital control system.
8. Derive formula for Bmn coffiecient in transmission loss formula.
9. Surge impedance and surge impedance loading.
10. Discuss terms GRC,dead band ,control ares and the line in automatic generation control.
11. Derive formula for Bmn coffiecient in transmission loss formula.
12. Surge impedance and surge impedance loading.
13. Discuss terms GRC,dead band ,control ares and the line in automatic generation control.
14. Concept of economic operation with limited fuel supply
15. Discuss different type’s sensitivity factors.
16. Classification of various types of power system.
17. Explain dynamic response of change in frequency for step change in load isolated power system .How dynamic response changes with integral control action
18. Compare GS and NR method of load flow studies.
19. Derive Exact coordination equation.
20. P.V curve for voltage stability analysis.
21. Numerical based on 2 bus power system
22. Numerical based on 3 phase fault.
1. Comparison between AC and DC transmission.
2. Components of HVDC transmission.
3. Compare IPC and EPC schemes of converter firing control .
4. Enlist limitations of AC transmission and advantages of HVDCT.
5. Derive equivalent circuit of a 6 pulse bridge rectifier.
6. Explain basic control characteristic and non – characteristics harmonics on ac as well as dc side of HVDCT line.
7. Different types of HVDC links
8. Importance of current margin
9. Filters used in in HVDC
10. Different levels of control of HVDC
11. VDCOL characteristics
12. Causes and effects of harmonic in HVDC.
13. Explain single communication with neat waveform and diagrams.
14. What do you understand by communication resistance ? Explain its effect on dc voltage produced by converters with appropriate derivation.
15. Sums on HVDC , 3 phase bridge rectifier
16. Describe the operation of bypass value of 3 phase bridge inverter.
17. Explain causes , analysis , symptoms ,cure of a single communication failure (with waveform)
18. Explain protection against over voltage and over current in HVDC.
19. Explain with neat diagram, waveform principle of 12 pulse converter.
1. Methods for reducing harmonic torque in induction motor
2. Explain the need of EEM and discuss the modification in terms of stator , rotor and air gap.
3. Derive the output equation of three phase induction motor in terms of main dimensions.
4. Explain methods of cooling transformer with neat sketch .
5. Explain thermal classes of insulating material .What are the desire properties if insulating material used in electrical machines.
6. Discuss the various types of leakage flux in case of transformer.
7. Various types of winding used in case of transformer.
8. Important characteristic of transformer oil.
9. What is dispersion coefficient and explain its effect on maximum power factor of induction motor.
10. Advantages of Energy efficient motor.
11. Explain CRGO steel is preferred over non grain oriented steel in case of transformer.
12. Factors affecting size of induction motor.
13. Sums on single phase transformer, choke and core type transformer .
14. Explain the role of conservator and breather in transformer.
15. Compare between :(i)Cold rolled steel sheets and hot rolled steel sheets (ii) Copper and aluminium
16. What is the significance of Carter's Coefficient.
17. What are the design modification in stator of energy efficient more as compared to standard motor.
18. What are the different circuits and parts of electrical machines. Discuss the various limitations on the design of these circuits.
19. What is frame and frame size in case of induction motor. Draw a figure showing structural dimension of standard time.
20. Derive the output equation for a three core type transformer.
21. Discuss the designing of end rings in 3-phase squirrel cage induction machine. How it affects the slip of machine.
22. Numerical based on KVA/phase core type transformer.
23. Numerical based on Delta connected squirrel cage induction motor.
1. Explain the scan cycle in PLC.
2. Explain the latch output and unlatch output instruction of PLC.
3. Explain the data file of PLC. Explain the addressing of data files in PLC.
4. Explain the PLC programming units .
5. Arithmetic functions performed by PLC.
6. Compare Timer ON Timer OFF and Retentive Timer instruction of PLC with timing diagrams.Explain the significance of cascade timer with example.
7. I/O module of PLC
8. Short note on PLC processor unit
9. What is meant by integral windup? How it will affect the performance of the system? Explain a simple anti wind up circuit block diagram to mitigate the wind –up effect.
10. Sums on designing an Integral controller, Routh Hurwitz criterion , digital compensator, design lead compensator, closed loop transfer function ,sample data transfer function, feedback system., linear system
11. Explain the stability criterion of digital system.
12. Issues implementing PID controller.
13. Importance and use of data file of PLC.
14. Different addressing modes of PLC
15. Compare lag and lead compensator
16. Explain different forms of industrial PID controllers.
17. Short note on modelling of the sampler in digital control system.