Importance | Electrical Engineering
List of importance for Second year | Sem 3 and Sem 4
Cauchy-Riemann Equation (Cartisian Co-ordinates) and constants
C.R Equations in Polar-Co-ordinates
Find Analytic function when real and imaginary part are given.
Find Analytic function when imaginary part are given.
Find Analytic function when U+V and U-V is given.
Find Analytic function when harmonic function is given.
Orthogonal curves (To find orthogonal tragectory means to find imaginary part equation)
Normal L.T - Standard form
Evaluation of standard L.T
Change of scale property
First shifting theorem
Evaluation of such integrals. (put exact value of s)
Evaluation of such integrals. (put the value of s)
Effect of multiply by 't'
Effect of Divide by 't'
Problems on simple Inverse Laplace transform
Methods of obtaining I.L.T
a) use of standard results
b) Use of shifting theorem
c)Method of partial fraction
d)Use of change of scale-property
f) Use of differentiation.
g)Use of Integration
Laplase transform of periodic function
Fourier Expansion for f(x) in Interval
Fourier series in (c, c+2l)
Fourier series of even and odd function(-l,l)
Half range series
COMPLEX FORMS OF FOURIER SERIES
Complex forms in (c, c+2l) and other intervals.
Orthogonal and Orthonormal
Fourier Integral theorem
Fourier Sine and Cosine Integrals
Scalar triple product
Volume of Parallelopiped
Volume of tertahedron
Vector triple product
Solution of Bessel Differential Equation: Series method, recurrence relation, properties of Bessel function of order +1/2 and -1/2
Bessel Fourier series of functions
1. Explain the operation of C type filter in full wave rectifier with all necessary diagrams and wave forms
2. Explain thermal runway and stabilization
3. Explain criterion for the selection of emitter bypass capacitor in a CE amplifier.
4. Derive the expression for the voltage gain, current gain, input impedance and out-put impedance of CB amplifier
5. What is MOSEFT? Explain the construction and characteristics of N-Channel MOSEFT with the help of suitable diagram.
6. Explain the working of CS FET amplifier
7. Explain how the amplification factor, input impedance, output impedance and bandwidth are modified with negative feedback.
8. What is Darlington pair? What are its features? How to bias the pair? Derive expression for its ac parameters.
9. Explain FET as differential amplifier.
10. Explain the AC analysis of Dual input unbalanced output differential amplifier.
11. Explain Barkhausen criterion for sustained oscillation.
12. Explain UJT as a relaxation oscillation in detail. Find frequency of oscillator
13. Derive the equation for frequency of oscillation of Coplitt’s oscillator. Also derive the condition for sustained oscillation.
14. Explain the difference between LC and RC oscillators. Give examples of each of oscillators with frequencies.
15. Explain Zener Diode as a voltage regulator.
16. Explain VI characteristic and application of zener diode.
17. Explain VI characteristic and application of schottky diode.
18. Explain construction and working of N-channel JFET
19. Thermal stabilization and compensation
20. Numerical based on JFET amplifier.
1. Define the following terms : Demand factor, Load factor, Diversity factor, Utilization factor, Plant capacity factor.
2. Explain in brief, the base load and peak load plant
3. Explain fluidized bed combustion process.
4. What are the important factor that governs selection of site for stream power plant? What are its advantages and disadvantages of stream power plant when compared to hydroelectric power plant.
5. Explain in brief : 1) Hydrograph 2) Flow duration curve
6. Compare nuclear fission and fusion
7. Explain working of liquid metal fast breeder reactor with diagram.
8. What are the advantages and disadvantages of gas turbine power plant
9. Draw and explain general layout of diesel power plant
10. Explain in brief : Basic principle of power generation in PV cell.
11. What are the factors taken into consideration, while selecting the location of wind farm?
12. Explain in brief : Power generation using biomass
13. Explain load curve and load duration curve.
14. Different types of hydro power plant.
15. What are the significance of 2 part tarrif and 3 part tarrif.
16. What is solar pond technology ? Explain its working.
17. Explain the operation and the working of vertical and horizontal axis wind turbine.
1. Find Thevenin’s equivalent across ( given terminal – Circuit diagram will be given)
2. State and explain Milman’s theorem
3. Write the mesh equation for the circuit (Diagram will be given)
4. Discuss in brief the significance of dot convention.
5. Write Incidence matrix, tieset matrix and cutest matrix for Graph (Any graph will be given)
6. Explain the principle of duality with example.
7. Write a note on time constant in transient circuits.
8. Determination of the loop currents (Sums)
9. Derive the s-domain equivalents for inductor with initial I(o) and capacitor with initial voltage Vo.
10. Find the condition of symmetry for Z-parameter
11. Numerical based on P-z point, RL circuit, RLC circuit, Norton, Mesh analysis.
Chapter No 1 : Principles of Analog Instruments
1. Explain the types of error in electrical measurements
2. Classify frequency meter. Explain any one in detai
3. Describe the construction and working of PMMC instruments. Derive the equation for deflection if the instrument is spring controlled
Chapter No 2 : Principles of Digital Instruments
1. Explain resolution and sensitivity of digital meter
2. Explain the working principle of digital Voltmeter, Ammeter and frequency meter
3. Write a short note on Digital energy meter.
4. Write short note on Digital frequency meter.
Chapter No 3 : Measurement of Resistance
1. Explain a suitable bridge to measure low resistance.
Chapter No 4 : Measurements of Inductance and capacitance
1. Explain Anderson bridge for measuring self inductance. Draw a neat circuit diagram and phasor diagram. Derive expression for the self inductance under balance condition state advantage and disadvantage.
2. Explain De Sauty’s Bridge with circuit diagram, Phasor diagram, derive the expression for measuring the capacitance of a capacitor and also write in detail how the bridge can be modified to measure di-electric loss of capacitor.
Chapter No 5 : Potentiometer
Chapter No 6 : Transducers
E.P.S - Importance
Chp2: Transmission Line Parameters
Chp3: Performance of Transmission Lines
Chp4: Overhead Transmission Line
Chp5: Underground Cable
Chp6: Grounding and Safety techniques
Maths iv - Importance
Chapter No 1 : Calculus of variation
Euler's Langrange Equation and its solutions.
Independent of variables
Independent of differentiation of a variable
Find extremal (Types problems)
Chapter No 2 : Linear Algebra vector Space
Vectors in n-directional vector space (dot product, cross product, norm & Distance property)
Gram Schmidt Method
Chapter No 3 : Linear Algebra Matrix Theory
Prove Eigen values of Hermitian matrix are real
Eigen values and Eigen vectors
Functions of Square matrix , Derogatory and non-derogatory matrix
Chapter No 4 : Complex Variables-Integration
Taylor's and Laurent's series
Zero's,singularities,Poles and Residues
Cauchy's Residue theorem
e.M i - Importance - (Now in semester 3)
Chp1: Basics of Magnetism
Chp4: DC Motors
Chp5: Testing of DC Motors
s.P - Importance
Chp1: Introduction to Signals and Systems
Chp5: Analysis using Z-transform
Chapter No 1 : OP-AMP Fundamentals
Chapter No 2 : Applications of OP-AMP
Chapter No 3 : Active Filters
Chapter No 4 : Linear Voltage Regulators
Chapter No 5 : Timer-IC 555
Chapter No 6 : Data Converters
Chapter No 7 : Number systems
Chapter No 8 : Logic gates and Boolean Algebra
Chapter No 9 : Logic families
Chapter No 10 : Simplification techniques
Chapter No 11 : Combinational Logic circuits
Chapter No 12 : Hazards
Chapter No 13 : Flip-Flops
Chapter No 14 : Registers
Chapter No 15 : Counters
Chp1: Basic of 'C' Language
Chp4: Curve Fitting