Questionbanks | EM-I
A quick guide to Bh.Questionbanks
Brainheaters Questionbanks is the collection of handpicked set of questions which are mostly repeated, important and recommended. Learning this set of questions can easily help you top or even just clear the exams. Given below are Expected Questionbanks for semester.
1. Explain the different types of losses in Electromagnetic circuits .Explain the precautions taken to reduce hysteresis loss and eddy current loss.
1. Briefly explain energy balance equation.
2. Derive the expression for torque developed in singly excited magnetic field.
3. Doubly excited magnetic field
1. Derive the expression to obtain ATd/pole and ATc/pole in case of armature reaction.
2. Draw and Explain the working of three point starter.
3. What is the process of commutation in DC generator. Also mention the methods to improve commutation process
4. Briefly explain the significance of Back EMF.
5. Explain OR Derive with a neat sketch the construction of a DC machine
6. A field’s test on two similar series machine gave the following data
(Given any Numerical)
Calculate efficiency of both the machines. (Motor or Generator)
1. Briefly explain the power stages in DC motor.
2. What is the necessity of starter in DC Motor.
3. Explain the Electrical braking methods for separately excited DC Motor.
4. Design the resistance of sections of eight stud starter for (Given any Numerical)
5. Explain the use of commutator in DC Motor and generator.
6. What are the drawbacks of three point starter compare to four point starter.
7. ADC shunt motor connected across (Given any Numerical)
8. Electrical braking methods for separately excited DC motor
9. Explain the concept of soft starter with the help of neat block diagram.
10. Explain why regenerative braking is not possible in case of DC series motor?
11. Explain the concept of singly excited machines and derive the expression for the electromagnetic torque
1. State the various types of stepper motor & list out the different application.
2. Explain the construction and working of permanent magnet stepper motor
3. Explain the term step angle and stepping rate in stepper motor. Also determine the step angle of a variable reluctance stepper motor with 12 teeth in stator and 8 rotor teeth.