Questionbanks | FM-I
A quick guide to Bh.Questionbanks
Brainheaters Questionbanks is the collection of handpicked set of questions which are mostly repeated, important and recommended. Learning this set of questions can easily help you top or even just clear the exams. Given below are Expected Questionbanks for semester. To get the solutions to this questions just simply click the Notes and you will be redirected to our notes, Bh.Notes holds all the answers of Semester !
1. Write a note on Capillarity and Surface Tension.
2. What is the difference between dynamic viscosity and kinematic viscosity? State their Units of measurement.
3. Explain surface tension & obtain the expression between surface tension and pressure inside the liquid droplet in excess of outside pressure.
4. Find the dynamic viscosity of the oil. (Given any Numerical)
5. Calculate the tension in soap fill. (Given any Numerical)
6. Define the fluid properties (1) Density. (2) Specific volume. Also give its SI Unit.
1. Explain Stability conditions for floating bodies. OR What are the conditions of equilibrium of a floating body and submerged body?
2. Enlist Mechanical Pressure Gauges and explain any one.
3. Explain the procedure of finding hydrostatic forces on curved surfaces.
4. Find the gauge pressure and absolute pressure. Find the pressure at the lower end. (Given any Numerical)
5. State & Prove Pascal’s Law.
6. Determine the difference in pressures at the two points. (Given any Numerical)
7. Find the difference of pressure measured by mercury as fluid filling U-tube. Mercury level (Given any Numerical)
8. What is the difference between Sluice gate and Lock gate?
9. Find the Total pressure and depth of centre of pressure. (Given any Numerical)
10. Determine the metacentric height. (Given any Numerical)
11. Derive the expression for Metacentric Height.
1. An open cylindrical vessel …. Estimate the, volume of water left in the vessel when it is rotated about its vertical axis with a speed (Given any Numerical)
2. Define the terms: Velocity potential function; and Stream function.
3. Determine the discharge passing between streamlines passing through these points. (Given any Numerical)
4. Define the equation of continuity. Obtain an expression for continuity equation for a three dimensional flow.
5. Determine also the value of stream function at that point?
1. Explain Source, Sink and Doublet OR define the strength of doublet.
2. Sketch the flow pattern of an ideal fluid flow passed past a cylinder with circulations.
3. Explain flow past a Rankine Oval Body.
4. Write short notes on Ideal fluid, Newtonian fluid, Non-Newtonian fluid, Ideal Plastic fluid and Thixotropic fluid.
1. Derive Bernoulli's equation from Euler's equation.
2. The loss of energy head in the flow through … If the coefficient of discharge (Given any Numerical)
3. Find (a) the head of water over the orifice (b) the diameter of the jet (c) coefficient of velocity. (Given any Numerical)
4. Describe with a help of sketch the construction and use of pitot static cube.
5. Explain Rotameter and Pitot tube.
6.Determine the deflection of the cil mercury gauge, if the discharge of the oil (Given any Numerical)
7. Derive the equation for discharge through Orifice Meter.
8. Explain the principle of venturi meter with a neat sketch. Derive the expression For the rate of flow of fluid through it.
1. A cipoletti weir with a crest (Given any Numerical) Find the discharge.
2. A cylindrical buoy of (Given any value). Show that it cannot float vertically in water.
3. Explain the classification of orifices and mouthpieces based on their shape, size and Sharpness?
4. Derive the expression for discharge over a rectangular weir in terms of head of water over the crest of the weir.
5. Explain Hydraulic coefficients.
6. Determine the loss of head and direction of flow. (Given any Numerical)
7. What do you understand by velocity of approach? Find an expression for the Discharge over a rectangular weir with velocity approach.
8. A broad crested weir (Given Points to) Find the maximum discharge.
9. What is the difference between a notch and weir?
10. Derive the expression for maximum discharge over broad crested weir.