Importance | I.T Engineering
List of importance for Third year | Sem 5 and Sem 6
1. Explain referential integrity
2. Transparencies in DDBMS
3. Short note on: dynamic SQL and Object Query Language (OQL)
4. Different types of SQL injection attacks? What are risks associated with it. Explain any 1 in detail.
5. Explain ECA model
6. Explain Dynamic Multilevel Indexes using B-Trees or B*-Trees
7. Different characteristics of Data Warehouse
8. ACID properties of Transaction
9. What is the role of metadata in data ware house
10. Explain Star Schema
11. Compare Data Warehouse Modeling and Operational Database Modeling
12. What are the roles of Analysis, Redo and Undo phases in ARIES? Explain with example.
13. Describe the Rollup or Drilldown OLAP operations.
14. Compare OLTP and OLAP
15. What do you mean by granting and revoking a privilege
16. Concurrency control in DDBMS
17. Explain ETL phase in creating a data warehouse
18. Architecture of Data Warehouse.
19. Explain factless fact table
20.Explain OQL concepts.
Note: SQL queries are very important. Do refer blueprints regarding Sums are SQL queries.
1. Explain 3D trackers and enumerate some important trackers characteristics
2. Explain Bezier curve.
3. Write DDA Algorithm. Compare DDA with Bresenham’s Line algorithm
4. Sums based on DDA Line Algorithm
5. Explain Bresenham’s line drawing algorithm with example
6. Sums based on Cohen-Sutherland Algorithm
7. Sums on Bezier curve
8. Explain Flood Fill algorithm for 4 connected and 8 connected.
9. Morphing and warping
10. B-spline curve
11. Explain fractals
12. Explain Raster and Random scan display
13. Different types of virtual reality systems
14. Explain Haptic rendering pipeline
15. Sutherland Hodgeman polygon clipping algorithm and sums based on it
16. Explain the tests to determine whether the point is inside or outside of the polygon
17. Write function to fill a region whose boundaries are specified by different colors. Explain the algorithm.
18. Aliasing and anti-aliasing techniques
19. Application of Virtual Reality
20. Compare CMYK and RGB color model
21. Explain different types of projections? Derive the matrix representation for perspective transformation in xy plane and on negative z axis
22. Explain VR toolkit.Describe Halftoning, Thresholding and Dithering in detail with applications in the real world.
23. Short note on Homogeneous co-ordinate system
24. Derive a matrix for rotation about an arbitary point
25. Derive mathematical representation of bezier curve and state their property
Note: For more information regarding Sums refer Blueprints.
1. Define embedded system and explain various components of it.
2. Explain DSP and SOC
3. What is event register. Explain the use of event function with respect to embedded operating systems
4. Describe features of ARM
5. Explain ARM 7 pipelining
6. Explain addressing modes of ARM
7. Architecture and Addressing modes of 8051
8. Modes of operation of serial port in 8051
9. Explain timer/counter modes of 8051 microcontroller
10. How RTOS manages the memory? Give the memory management strategy of RTOS in embedded system
11. Describe flow of ARM development tools
12. Explain automated reading machine
13. Explain how semaphores can be used to solve shared data problem
14. Explain programmer’s model of ARM 7
15. Compare SJMP, AJMP and LJMP instruction of 8051 microcontroller
16. Explain functions of Program Status Word Register, Timer Control register and Interrupt Priority Register in 8051
17. Explain Task scheduling algorithms
18. Kernel objects and its functionality
19. Digital clock as an embedded system
1. Explain features of Linux
2. Short note on: Process management in Linux
3. Explain “Links” and its types
4. Define activity and explain how it is created
5. Describe swap partition in Linux
6. Explain major components associated with android application
7. Explain permissions on directory
8. Explain various command line editors
9. Explain various networking commands
10. Explain data persistency in android
11. Compare hard and soft links
12. Publishing of Android application
13. Explain file system hierarchy of Linux
14. Explain role of Logical Volume manager in Linux Kernel
15. Role of Intent in Android Programming
16. Explain role of /etc/passwd,/etc/shadow,/etc/group files with respect to user administration
17. Working with web using shell script
18. Explain daemon process
19. Explain shell programming
19. Explain grep commands using c,i,v options.
20. Define RAID and different levels of RAID
21. Explain different types of DNS servers
22. Explain I-nodes
23. What is partitioning? Explain hosting parts of the Linux file system separate partitions
24. What are packages required to configure secure server with SSL? How can we obtain digital certificate from certifying authority.
1. Various process scheduling queues
2. Types of semaphores
3. Different types of kernel architecture
4. State the necessary conditions for deadlock and explain how to prevent it.
5. What is mutual exclusion? Explain Peterson’s algorithm for mutual exclusion
6. Internal and external fragmentation
7. Define system calls and explain four system calls
8. Short note: Producer consumer problem
9. Explain various RAID levels
10. What is meant by Inter process communication? Explain Shared memory and message passing
11. Explain process control block
12. Short note: Android OS
13. Short note: File Access methods
14. Explain disk scheduling algorithms
15. Comparer paging and segmentation also explain various place replacement algorithms
16. File allocation methods
17. Explain process control block
18. Explain critical problem and race condition
19. Short note: Process state diagram
20. File systems in Windows and Linux OS
21. Functions of Operating System
22. Compare FCFS and SJF scheduling algorithm
23. Short note on: Multithreading
24. Deadlock detection algorithm.
25. Explain semaphore.Explain the counting semaphore with the help of an example.
Note : For more details regarding Sums refer blueprints.
- What is search engine? Discuss in detail Algorithm-Based Ranking System
- Explain in detail JSON mashups with neat diagram.
- Discuss website Auditing to Identify SEO Problems.
- Explain SWOT analysis. List the factors to determine strengths & weakness in SWOT analysis.
- What are XML sitemap? Name some different types of sitemaps. Also explain main benefits of using XML sitemaps
- Discuss SEO objectives in detail.
- What is Responsive web design? Also explain media Query with example.
- Describe the significance & working of WSDL with an example.
- Discuss structural Pseudo-classes in CSS3 with example.
- Explain in detail DOM structure list levels of DOM.
- Explain about the objects that helps AJAX reload parts of a web page. Without reloading the whole page.
- Explain Geo-location and webworker with an example in HTML 5 & CSS 3.
- Explain in detail Media Queries with an example.
- Explain input element newly introduced in HTML5 with example.
- Explain in detail Query selector() with an example.
- List metadata elements used in HTML5.
- Explain the features how to increase accessibility of website to search engine.
- List the top analyzing ranking factors for SEO.
- Explain in detail search engine success factors.
- Explain CSS3 Transformations with example.
- Advanced Search techniques
- Discuss Fixed-width layouts and Fluid layouts with example.
- Discuss in detail Algorithm-Based Ranking System.
- What do you mean by XML? What are its Differences and similarities from HTM & CSS? Also expalin the concept of Entities& Attributes in XML?
- What are the characteristics of REST Wss?
- Explain the following AJAX patterns with one example. a.Submission throttling b. Predicitve fetch c. Fallback patterns.
- What you understand by web services. Make a general diagram for any application involving web services. It should show various technologies/ tools used for creating such applications.
- Define "Data Mining". Enumerate five example applications that can benefit by using Data Mining.
- Clearly explain the data preprocessing phase for data mining.
- Describe one hierarchical clustering algorithm using an example dendrogram
- Explain the concept of a decision support system with the help of an example application.
- Sums based on construction of a Naive Bayes' Classifier for the dataset. Briefly explain Regression based Classifiers
- Sums based on Apriori algortihm to identify the frequent item-set in the given database.
- Explain multidimensional multi level Association rules with examples
- What is clustering? Explain k-means clustering algorithm.
- Sums based on k-means clustering algorithm.
- What is an outlier? Describe methods that can be used for outlier analysis
- Consider the following case study: A telecom company wants to analyze and improve its performance by introducing a series of innovative mobile payment plants. For this case study design a BI system, clearly explaining all steps from data collection to decision making.
- Clearly explain the working of the DBSCAN algorithm using appropriate diagrams.
- Sums based on hierarchical clustering algorithm.
- Define Business intelligence and decision support systems with examples
- Explain Data mining as a step in KDD. Give the architecture of typical Data Mining system.
- Explain BIRCH algorithm with example.
- Explain different visualization techniques that can be used in data mining.
- Define classification, issues of classification and explain ID3 classification with example
- What is text mining? Explain different approaches to text mining.
- Explain Business Intelligence Issues
- Explain sequence mining in Transactional database
- Design a BI system for fraud detection by describing all the steps from Data Collection to Decision Making.
- Define "Outlier". What are the different types of Outliers that occur in dataset?
- Discuss various Models of Distributed System?
- Differentiate between NOS and DOS giving examples of each?
- What is the difference between Stateful and Stateless server implementation models?
- Give example of distributed applications using each of the implementation model.
- What do you understand by clock synchronization in distributed system? Explain one technique of logical clock synchronization.
- Explain Code Migration and the role of Mobile Agents?
- List down the issues in designing Distributed Load balancing technique. Explain any two in detail.
- Explain RPC Call semantics.
- What are the various Group Communication protocols. Explain any one.
- How Deadlock Detection is different for a distributed system. Explain any one algorithm of Distributed Deadlock Detection.
- Explain Distributed algorithm for Mutual Exclusion. What are the advantages and the disadvantages of it over Centralized algorithm.
- Explain Process Migration in Heterogeneous environment.
- Light-weight RPC
- Name Resolution in DNS.
- Data Centric and Client Centric Consistency Models.
- .NET architecture
- Distributed Computing Models.
- Explain SOA life cycle with diagram. Also state the advantages of SOA.
- Explain RMI in CORBA by defining three level architecture in CORBA.
- Give in detail steps required for developing an application using EJB framework with example.
- Explain the Lamport's happens before relation along with the conditions. How are Lamport's logical clocks implemented?
- Compare processes and threads. Explain user level and kernel level threads. What is the need of light weight threads?
- What happens if two process failure of the coordinator simultaneously and both decide to hold election? Explain.
- RMI Execution
- Message Buffering in IPC
- Define Happened-Before relationship. Explain implementation of logical clocks with an example
- Compare Bully election algorithm with Ring based election algorithm.
- Explain Parameters passing Semantics in RPC
- Explain with examples, Vulnerability, Threat and attacks.
- Discuss with examples the following: i) ARP spoofing ii) TCP syn flood attack iii) Port scanning iv) IP spoofing
- Discuss with an example how knapsack is used in cryptography.
- Explain the roles of the different servers in Kerberos protocol. How does the user get authenticated to the different servers?
- Define access control list and capability list and compare them. Explain the Bell La Padula access control model.
- Differentiate between the tunnel mode and transport mode of IPSec. Explain how integrity is achieved.
- List the different protocols of SSL. Explain in detail Handshake protocol. How does server get authenticated to client?
- List and explain the different TCP/IP vulnerabilities.
- What are the different approaches to Software Reverse Engineering?
- With the help of example explain cross-site scripting and SQL injection attacks.
- Linux File Security
- Phishing and Pharming techniques
- Federated Identity Management.
- Biometric authentication schemes.
- Differentiate between Multilevel and Multilateral security with the help of example.
- Explain different types of malicious attacks
- Differentiate between SSL and IP Sec protocols
- Explain Needham Schroeder Authentication Protocol.
- What is Digital Signature? Explain how it is created at the sender end and retrieved at receiver end. Differentiate digital signature from digital certificate.
- Explain non malicious program errors with the help of examples.
- What is Digital Right management? Explain DRM in Real world.
- Explain the role of Firewall in securing a network. Describe different types of Firewall
- Explain secure Email and S/MIME.
- Packet Sniffing
- Session Hijacking
- Cross-site request forgery
- Distributed -Denial of Service attack.
- Access control policies
- Sums based on RSA algorithm
- Federated Identity Management
- What are the different phases of a virus? How does a virus propagate?
- Multi level access control
- Give two techniques to establish a covert channel
- Software Reverse Engineering
- With respect to SSL protocol explain the following :- i) Generation of master key ii)Authenticiation of server to client.
- Compare and contrast discretionary access control and mandatory access control.
- What is an IDS? How does it differ from a honeypot? Discuss the different types of IDS.
- Compare waterfall model and spiral model.
- What is Agility? Describe Extreme programming process?
- Define the principal to achieve agility.
- What do you understand by process maturity?
- Prepare software requirement specification (SRS) for course management system.
- Explain incremental process model with suitable example.
- Draw DFD (Level 0, 1 and 2) and explain.
- What is functional and non-functional requirement of SRS?
- List three common types of risks that a typical software project might suffer from. Give the RMMM plan for the same.
- Describe the activities of project scheduling and tracking.
- What is quality assurance? Discuss various levels of quality assurance in software engineering.
- What is baseline in the content of software configuration management? Describe how version control and change control are carried out during SCM?
- What are the main advantages of using an object-oriented approach to software design over a function oriented approach?
- Explain the user interface design process.
- What is quality Assurance? What are different parameter of Quality?
- Explain the term unit testing. Also compare top-down and bottom-up testing.
- Service-oriented software engineering
- Reverse engineering
- Empirical estimation techniques
- Test driven development.
- Define Metrics. Describe process and project metrics.
- What test is carried during verification and validation? Explain with example.
- Discuss and compare coupling and cohesion in brief.
- White Box and Black Box Testing
- Security Engineering
- CMM and Key Process Areas.
- Explain SCRUM.
- Mention SQA activities.
- OO testing.
- Mention the reasons for project delay. What are the risks associated with project delay?
- Explain architectural design for e-Commerce System.
- Explain how are change control and version control are carried out.
- Compare agile and traditional Software Development models.
- Deployment-Level design element
- What are the different probable origins of changes that are requested for software
- Components Based Development