Questionbanks | MT
A quick guide to Bh.Questionbanks
Brainheaters Questionbanks is the collection of handpicked set of questions which are mostly repeated, important and recommended. Learning this set of questions can easily help you top or even just clear the exams. Given below are Expected Questionbanks for semester. To get the solutions to this questions just simply click the Notes and you will be redirected to our notes, Bh.Notes holds all the answers of Semester !
1. Write a short note on: 1) Strain hardening. 2) Burger’s vector. 3) Solid solution. 4) Frank Reed source.
2. Derive an expression for critical resolved shear stress. Explain slip mechanism and Twinning mechanism of plastic deformation.
3. What is recrystallization annealing? Discuss the various stages of recrystallization annealing. What are factors affecting it?
4. What are Composites? Give Classification of Composites.
5. Differentiate in between Edge Dislocation and Screw Dislocation.
6. Modes of deformation in materials.
7. How is surface hardening different from case hardening? Discuss any one of the case hardening methods in detail.
8. Find the modulus of the composite in longitudinal direction. (Given; Value) (Given any numerical)
9. What do you understand by Composite materials? Explain their properties and applications.
10. How are dislocations regenerated at Frank Reed Source? Explain with neat diagram.
11. Classify Crystal Imperfections. Distinguish between Edge and Screw Dislocation.
1. Rotating beam fatigue testing machine.
2. Define creep. Explain stages of creep.
3. Derive an expression for Griffith theory of brittle fracture. Also state Orowan’s modification.
4. Define Fatigue. Draw S-N curve and explain its interpretation.
1. Write short note on Transformed Ledeburite.
2. Draw Fe-Fe3C diagram and explain cooling of (Given any Value) alloy in Fe-Fe3C diagram.
3. Join explain construction of Time Temperature Transformation (TTT) diagrams of 0.8 % carbon alloy.
4. Write short note on: 1) Chromising 2) Types of Cast Iron. 3) Allotropic modifications of iron. 4) Importance of Iron as Engineering Material.
1. Write a short note on: 1) Subzero treatment. 2) Normalising. 3) Austempering. 4) Hardenability Test. 5) Retained austenite.
2. What is case hardening? Discuss the process of Nitriding and Cyaniding in detail.
3. Draw and Explain Isomorphous and Eutectic Phase diagram.
4. Explain Flame Hardening and Induction Hardening.
5. Explain Carbusting in detail.
6. What are factors affecting hardenability? Explain Jominy End Quench test.
1. Effect of alloying elements on phase transformation.
2. What are Stainless Steels? Classify Stainless Steels. Discuss and mention their applications.
3. Give classification of Stainless Steel.
4. Describe the cooling of (Given any value) C steel to room temperature. Also find out the proposition of micro-constituents in it at room temperature.
5. Effect of Alloying elements on properties of Steel.
6. Write a short note on Martempering.
1. Write a short note On: 1) Nano materials. 2) MR fluids. 3) Rule of mixtures of composites.
2. What are nanocomposites? Give applications of nanocomposites.
3. What are smart materials? Discuss a few applications for smart materials.