Questionbanks | PP-I
A quick guide to Bh.Questionbanks
Brainheaters Questionbanks is the collection of handpicked set of questions which are mostly repeated, important and recommended. Learning this set of questions can easily help you top or even just clear the exams. Given below are Expected Questionbanks for semester. To get the solutions to this questions just simply click the Notes and you will be redirected to our notes, Bh.Notes holds all the answers of Semester !
1. Write a short note on: 1) CO2 mould casting. 2) Pattern allowances. 3) Inspection of castings. 4) Transfer machines
2. Describe ten types of casting defects with their remedies.
3. Differentiate the following : i) Pattern and core boxes. ii) Core and core print.
4. What is meant by riser? State the functions of riser.
5. Describe the desirable properties of moulding sand.
6. Determine the dimensions of riser so that its (Given any Numerical)
1. Write a short note on: 1) Friction welding 2) Microstructure of welds 3) Explosive welding 4) Gas cutting Operation.
2. With a neat sketch explain the principle and working of resistance welding process. Also discuss its advantages, limitations, and applications.
3. Differentiate welding, soldering and brazing
4. What is NDT. List various methods of NDT. Explain Ultrasonic method of crack detection.
5. Differentiate between TIG and MIG welding process.
6. With a neat sketch explain Thermit welding operation.
7. Discuss various defects found in welding.
8. Define weldability and describe the factors affecting it.
1. Write a short note on: 1) Extrusion. 2) Tube drawing operation 3) Thread rolling
2. What is meant by forging? Differentiate between closed die forging and open die forging. OR Describe the common types of forging hammers.
3. Describe in detail various rolling defects.
4. Explain vacuum forming process of polymers.
5. Explain rotary swaging with its sketch.
6. Describe Calendering process for plastic with a neat labelled sketch.
7. Differentiate between hot working and cold working processes
8. Define the terms ‘Spread ' . 'Elongation' and ‘Draft ' with respect to rolling process.
1. Compare transfer moulding and compression moulding.
2. Discuss Rotational Molding process with neat sketch.
3. With a neat sketch explain the working principle of plastic injection moulding process.
4. Write short note on application of plastics in industries.
5. Write short note on Blow moulding process.
6. With the help of diagrams discuss the various type of cores used in sand moulding process.
7. Compare thermoplastics and thermosetting plastics
1. Differentiate the following: 1) Shaper and Planner. 2) Lapping and Honing
2. How are Milling Machines classified with a neat sketch? Describe any one Milling Machine 53. 3. 3. Explain centreless grinding operation.
4. Describe types of drilling machines and their application.
5. Describe machining the operations performed on lathe machine
1. State various vertical machining centres . Describe any one in detail.
2. Differentiate between open-loop and closed system in CNC machines
3. Write Short note on following: i) Machine Tools Classification ii) Automatic machines.