#Questionbanks | Production Engineering
List of importance for Second year | Semester 3
Cauchy-Riemann Equation (Cartisian Co-ordinates) and constants
C.R Equations in Polar-Co-ordinates
Find Analytic function when real and imaginary part are given.
Find Analytic function when imaginary part are given.
Find Analytic function when U+V and U-V is given.
Find Analytic function when harmonic function is given.
Orthogonal curves (To find orthogonal tragectory means to find imaginary part equation)
Fourier Expansion for f(x) in Interval
Fourier series in (c, c+2l)
Fourier series of even and odd function(-l,l)
Half range series
COMPLEX FORMS OF FOURIER SERIES
Complex forms in (c, c+2l) and other intervals.
Orthogonal and Orthonormal
Fourier Integral theorem
Fourier Sine and Cosine Integrals
Cauchy’s theorem for analytic function
Cauchy’s Goursat theorem (without proof)
Singularities and poles
Taylor’s and Laurent’s series development (without proof)
Residue at isolated singularity and its evaluation.
Normal L.T - Standard form
Evaluation of standard L.T
Change of scale property
First shifting theorem
Evaluation of such integrals. (put exact value of s)
Evaluation of such integrals. (put the value of s)
Effect of multiply by 't'
Effect of Divide by 't'
Problems on simple Inverse Laplace transform
Methods of obtaining I.L.T
a) use of standard results
b) Use of shifting theorem
c)Method of partial fraction
d)Use of change of scale-property
f) Use of differentiation.
g)Use of Integration
Laplace transform of periodic function
PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATION
Bender-Schmidt Explicit Method
Implicit method( Crank- Nicolson method)
Successive over relaxation method.
Two and Three dimensional Laplace equations.
M.E - I
S.O.M - ( Not in syllabus this semester )
Chap 1 Simple Stresses and Strain
Chap 5 Slope and deflection of beams
Chap 7 Columns
Chap 8 Torsion
Chap 10 Thin shells
Chap 12 Strain Energy
F.M / F.P - ( Not in Syllabus this semester )
- Prove that internal energy is a property of the system.
- Explain the terms: state, path, process, cyclic process and quasi-static process?
- State the assumptions made in air-standard cycles.
- State and prove Carnot’s theorem.
- Draw P-V and T-s diagrams of reversible constant volume and constant pressure processes?.
- Compare Otto, Diesel and Dual cycle based on same compression ratio.
- What is entropy? Darw T-s diagram for reversible constant volume and constant pressure processes and comment.
- Prove that Kelvin-planck and clausius statements are equivalent.
- State and explain clausius inequality.
- Explain in brief inversion curve and joule Thomson coefficient.
- Explain Reheat and regenerative Rankine cycle.
- Derive an expression for air standard efficiency of Diesel cycle.
- Derive the expression for air standard efficiency of Dual cycle.
- Numerical based on Non-flow work done for a pressure.
- Numerical based on state of steam.
- Numerical based on Enthalpy for entropy.
- Numerical based on Piston cylinder.
- Numerical based on Thermal reservoir.
- Numerical based on Rankine cycle.