Bh.Questionbanks | Electrical
Brainheaters Questionbanks (Semester Exam) is the collection of handpicked set of questions which are mostly repeated, important and recommended. Learning this set of questions can easily help you top or even just clear the exams. Given below are Expected Questionbanks for semester. To get the solutions to this questions just simply click the Notes and you will be redirected to our notes, Bh.Notes holds your answers. (All Notes are Not Available) !!
1. What factors affect a runoff data at a particular site?
2. Discuss the various factors affecting the selection of generation equipments.
3. Explain load curve and load duration curve.
4. Explain different types of tariffs.
5. Explain effects of fluctuating load on operation of power plant. Also describe methods of meeting fluctuating load.
6. Describe the Load factor and Plant Capacity factor.
7. What factors affect a Runoff data at a particular site?
8. Write the Numerical for The maximum demand of a power station, 1) Draw Load curve and Load Duration curve, 2) Calculate Load factor.
9. Define: a) Plant use factor b) Load factor c) Utilization factor d) Demand factor e) Diversity factor
1. What is the necessity of cooling the condenser water?
2. Discuss the role of super-heater and its impact on the performance of power plant.
3. What are the different types of fluidized bed system (FBS)? Discuss the principle of basic FBS and its advantages and disadvantages.
4. Explain Thermal power plant in detail with its neat block diagram.
5. Explain Ash handling plant in Steam power station.
6. Explain Rankine cycle.
7. Draw and explain water tube and fire tube boiler.
8. Explain: a) Superheater b) Economizer c) Reheater d) Air Preheater
1. Discuss the broad classification of hydroelectric power plant.
2. State advantages of pumped storage plant.
3. Explain important factors governed for selection OR selection criteria of site of Hydro power plant. Also state advantages and disadvantages of the plant.
4. Draw a neat layout of Hydroelectric power plant and explain in brief: 1) Reservoir 2) Dam, 3) Penstock, 4) Surge tank
1. Discuss the working of liquid metal fast breeder reactor with diagram and its advantages and disadvantages.
2. What is nuclear Fission, Fusion and Plasma?
3. Draw a neat diagram of nuclear reactors and explain in brief essential components of nuclear reactor.
4. Explain operation of PWR nuclear reactor with its advantages and disadvantages.
5. Explain Pressurized water reactor with its advantages and disadvantages.
1. Discuss the role of various components of a gas turbine power plant. OR State advantages and disadvantages of Gas turbine power plant. OR Explain the performance of Gas turbine power plant.
2. Draw and explain general layout of Diesel power plant. OR Explain operation of Diesel power plant with layout.
1. How the fuel cells are categorized? Discuss the basic principle of fuel cell operation.
2. Discuss the working OR operation of horizontal and vertical axis wind turbine.
3. What is solar pond technology? Discuss the working of solar pond electric power plant.
4. Describe operation of solar pond with layout. OR Describe Solar power plant. Write short notes on Solar Active and Passive collectors.
5. Explain operation of Solar PV cell. Describe method of manufacturing monocrystalline and polycrystalline PV cell.
6. Write about the Conventional and Non-conventional sources of Energy.
7. Write a short note on MHD.
1. Explain the V-I characteristics and applications of Zener diode. OR Zener diode as Voltage regulator
2. Explain the construction and principle of operation of Schottky diode with one application.
3. Explain full wave rectifier with neat diagram and waveforms. Also explain RC filter.
4. Draw FWR with C filter and describe the circuit operation with waveform.
5. Compare the performance of C ,L, LC filters. OR Give the comparison between C, LC and CLC filters that are used in rectifiers.
6. Explain drift current and diffusion current.
7. Draw the circuit diagram of bridge rectifier with LC filter with all the waveforms and derive the expression for ripple factor.
8. Explain the working principle of the following semiconductor devices. i) PIN diode ii) FET iii) L-C tank circuit iv) Schottky diode
1. Two port Network
2. Explain the modelling of CE BJT in h-parameter and hence derive the expression for voltage gain.
3. Explain different biasing techniques in BJT.
4. Explain the input and output characteristics of CE BJT OR differential amplifier.
5. Explain DC load line in common emitter BJT.
6. Thermal stabilization and compensation.
7. State the various biasing techniques used in BJT and calculate the values of (Given any Numerical) for the following circuit shown of Silicon transistor with (Given any value).
8. Explain in brief the h-parameter model in BJT. OR H parameter model used in Transistor.
9. Explain the working of CE amplifier with its frequency response.
10. What is the thermal runaway in transistor? How it can be compensated.
11. Frequency response of BJT amplifier.
12. Derive the expression for voltage gain, current gain, input impedance, output impedance of CE amplifier.
13. Compare CC and CE Amplifier.
14. Draw and explain voltage divider biasing circuit.
1. Derive an expression for the voltage gain of CS differential amplifier.
2. Give the different types of MOSFETs and explain any one with its construction and working.
3. Draw and explain the construction of Junction field Effect Transistor.
4. Draw and explain D-type MOSFET in detail with its input and output characteristics.
5. Differentiate JFET and MOSFET in terms of symbol, construction, Input Impedance, biasing methods used and also source and drain characteristics.
6. Explain why FET is free from thermal runaway.
7. Input Output and Transfer Characteristics of FET
1. Draw the circuit diagram of current series feedback amplifier and derive the expression for the input and output impedance and voltage gain with feedback.
2. Explain the re model of BJT.
3. State the various types of negative feedback amplifiers and compare these amplifiers in terms of block diagram, feedback gain, bandwidth, Noise, frequency distortion, stability and amplifier type.
4. Write the Numerical For the transistor amplifier
5. Explain the concept of Negative feedback with its advantages. OR Draw and Explain the different types of feedback amplifiers.
1. Draw the circuit of Darlington emitter follower. Derive the expressions for its voltage gain, input impedance, output impedance and current gain. OR Darlington pair
2. What is Darlington configuration? Why is it used in BJT.
3. Explain the features of multistage RC coupled amplifier. Draw the neat circuit diagram of two stage R-C coupled transistor amplifier and also give its frequency response.
1. UJT relaxation Oscillator
2. Draw the circuit diagram of colpitts oscillator and explain the working. Derive the expression for the frequency of oscillation.
3. Explain the sufficient and necessary conditions for the oscillations.
4. State the Barkhausen’s criteria used in oscillators and explain the R-C phase shift oscillator in detail.
5. A Hartley Oscillator (Given any Numerical). Determine the frequency of oscillation.
6. With the working Principle used in Oscillators explain the Colpitts Oscillator In detail with circuit diagram and equations.
7. Draw circuit for R-C phase shift oscillator. Derive an expression for its frequency of Oscillation.
8. What type of feedback is used in oscillation? Explain Wien bridge Oscillator with neat diagram.
1. Explain with formulas the concepts of ‘limiting error’, ‘relative error’ and ‘percentage error’. What is the relation between accuracy and error?
2. Derive the equation for deflecting torque in PMMC type instrument.
3. Explain the construction and working of Power factor meter. Draw the necessary diagrams.
4. Compare Electrodynamometer type instruments, MI instruments and PMMC instruments. List down the advantages and disadvantages of each.
5. Differentiate between indicating and integrating instrument.
6. Explain construction, working principle of moving iron instrument and hence derive the torque equation.
7. Describe the construction and working principle of dynamometer type wattmeter.
8. Differentiate between indicating and integrating instrument.
9. Explain construction, working principle of moving iron instrument and hence derive the torque equation.
10. Describe the construction, working principle and theory of dynamometer type wattmeter.
11. Ballistic Galvanometer
12. Discuss various types of errors. How are these errors minimized?
13. Compare the controlling torque of spring force and gravitational force.
14. Weston type Synchroscope.
15. Draw the multiplier circuit for voltmeter and explain.
1. Draw the circuit diagram of dual slope integrator type DVM. Also draw all appropriate waveforms.
2. Explain the construction and working of dual slope type DVM with proper diagram and waveforms.
3. Explain the construction and working of digital phase meter. Draw the necessary diagrams and waveform.
4. Derive the expression for deflection ‘θ’ in terms of current ‘I’ for attraction type MI instrument.
5. Explain the working of digital frequency meter and show it is useful for time interval measurement.
6. Explain accuracy, precision, sensitivity and resolution.
7. Draw the circuit diagram of Digital frequency meter and explain.
1. Explain Kelvin’s double bridge to measure low resistance and hence derive the equation for unknown resistance.
2. Explain the construction and working of megger.
3. Explain why Wheatstone bridge is not used for measuring low value of resistance.
1. Draw the circuit diagram and phasor diagram of Anderson’s bridge. Derive the equation for unknown inductance in terms of bridge parameters.
2. Explain with suitable diagram measurement of very low, medium and very high impedance measurement using Q meter. Also derive the expression for unknown impedance in each case.
3. Explain Maxwell’s Inductance bridge to measure self-inductance. Derive the equation for self-inductance and draw phasor diagram.
4. Explain a De-sauty's bridge to measure the capacitance of a capacitor.
1. Explain measurement of unknown potential using standard DC potentiometer.
2. Explain the construction and working of D.C. Crompton type potentiometer.
1. Derive the equation for voltage developed ‘V’ in a piezoelectric crystal in terms of applied pressure ‘P’.
2. Explain the construction and working principle of LVDT.
3. Explain with block diagram Ramp type digital voltmeter.
4. Explain the working principle of piezoelectric transducers.
5. Explain Resistance temperature detector (RTD) with diagram
1. Explain the different types of losses in Electromagnetic circuits .Explain the precautions taken to reduce hysteresis loss and eddy current loss.
2. Explain the eddy current loss & various factors affecting it.
3.Write the difference between electric circuit and magnetic circuit.
1. Briefly explain energy balance equation.
2. Derive the expression for torque developed in singly excited magnetic field.
3. Doubly excited magnetic field.
1. Derive the expression to obtain ATd/pole and ATc/pole in case of armature reaction.
2. Draw and Explain the working of three point starter.
3. What is the process of commutation in DC generator. Also mention the methods to improve commutation process
4. Briefly explain the significance of Back EMF.
5. Explain OR Derive with a neat sketch the construction of a DC machine
6. Write the Numerical for A field’s test on two similar series machine.
1. Briefly explain the power stages in DC motor.
2. What is the necessity of starter in DC Motor.
3. Explain the Electrical braking methods for separately excited DC Motor.
4. Design the resistance of sections of eight stud starter for (Given any Numerical)
5. Explain the use of commutator in DC Motor and generator.
6. What are the drawbacks of three point starter compare to four point starter.
7. ADC shunt motor connected across (Given any Numerical)
8. Electrical braking methods for separately excited DC motor
9. Explain the concept of soft starter with the help of neat block diagram.
10. Explain why regenerative braking is not possible in case of DC series motor?
11. Explain the concept of singly excited machines and derive the expression for the electromagnetic torque
1. Write the Application of stepper motor.
2. Expand the construction and working of permanent magnet stepper motor.
3. Draw and explain Torque-stepping rate characteristics of stepper motor.
4.Explain the variable reluctance Stepper Motor (VRSM).
5. What are the different types of Stepper Motor? Explain anyone type with neat diagram.
6. State the various types of stepper motor & list out the different application.
7. Explain the term step angle and stepping rate in stepper motor. Also determine the step angle of a variable reluctance stepper motor with 12 teeth in stator and 8 rotor teeth.
1. Write the Numerical for Solve Exact Differential Equation using Laplace transform.
2. Write the Numerical for Find Laplace transform.
1. Write the Numerical for Find the Inverse Laplace Transform.
2. Write the Numerical for By using convolution theorem find the Inverse Laplace transform.
1. Write the Numerical for Find the range Fourier sine series.
2. Write the Numerical for Obtain Fourier series.
3. Write the Numerical for Show that the set of limitations Is orthogonal over. Hence construct orthonormal set of functions.
14. Write the Numerical for Define Orthogonal set of functions on (a,b) Show that the functions.
1. Write the Numerical for Where C is the boundary of the surface of hemisphere lying above the xy plane.
2. Write the Numerical for Prove that a vector field is given irrotational Hence find its scalar potential.
3. Write the Numerical for Show that the vector is irrotational .
4. Write the Numerical for Conservative field. Find its scalar potential such that find the work done
1. Write the Numerical for Using Gauss Divergence theorem.
2. Write the Numerical for Evaluate by Green’s theorem.
3. Write the Numerical for By using Stokes theorem.
1. Write the Numerical for Find a bilinear transformation
2. Write the Numerical for Show that under the transformation the circle is mapped to the circle.
3. Prove that Bessel Function
4. Write the Numerical for Find the analytic function whose real part
5. Write the Numerical for Harmonic conjugate orthogonal.
Back to Study Room
You loved it ?
Do you think team brainheaters efforts transformed your studies to a smarter version ? Share your ratings with us !