Bh.Questionbanks | Electronics
Brainheaters Questionbanks (Semester Exam) is the collection of handpicked set of questions which are mostly repeated, important and recommended. Learning this set of questions can easily help you top or even just clear the exams. Given below are Expected Questionbanks for semester. To get the solutions to this questions just simply click the Notes and you will be redirected to our notes, Bh.Notes holds your answers. (All Notes are Not Available) !!
1. Write the Numerical for Explain the following decimals in gray code form.
2. Write the Numerical for Hamming code
3. Write the Numerical for Convert the following numbers as mentioned against them: Convert to decimal number, Hexadecimal form
4. Write the Numerical for Two’s complement form. (Given any Numerical)
1. What are universal gates? Why are they called so? Implement XOR and XNOR function using all NAND gates.
2. Write the Numerical for Use K-Map to reduce the following function and then implement it by NOR gates.
3. State and prove De-Morgan’s theorem.
4. Write the Numerical for Minimize the following expression using Quine McCluskey technique.
5. Write the Numerical for Using Boolean algebra and De-Morgan’s theorem prove that.
6. Write the Numerical for Simplify the expression.
1. Write truth table of half adder and write VHDL code for half adder.
2. Differentiate between multiplexer and demultiplexer.
3. Draw truth table and logic diagram of full Subtractor using half subtractors and gates.
4. Write the Numerical for Design 1 digit BCD adder using IC 7438 and perform
5. Write the Numerical for Implement the following function using 4:1 MUX and NAND gates.
6. VHDL code for full-adder.
7. Write the Numerical for Implement the following Boolean function using 8:1 multiplexer.
8. Design a 2-bit comparator and implement using logic gates.
9. Design BCD adder using the integrated circuit 4 bit binary adders.
10. Write a short note on Hazards.
11. Write a short note on Encoder and decoder
13. Design 3 bit look ahead carry generator circuit.
14. Implement full adder using decoder having active low outputs and gates with fan in 2.
15. Explain parity circuits.
16. Design 8 bit comparator using 4 bit comparator IC 7485 and explain its operations.
1. Draw a circuit diagram of 2 input TTL NAND gate and explain the interfacing of TTL and CMOS.
2. Explain the characteristics parameters of logic families.
3. Compare TTL and CMOS logic families
4. Explain current and voltage parameters of logic families
1. Analyse the sequential state machine shown in the figure and obtain state diagram for the same. (Given any Diagram)
2. Obtain excitation table for JK flip-flop and convert JK flip-flop to T flip-flop
3. Master slave JK flip-flop.
4. Explain use of latch as a switch debouncer.
5. Convert the flip flop (I) JKMS to D flip flop (II) SR to T flip flop.
1. Explain advantages and drawbacks of synchronous counter
2. Design a MOD 10 asynchronous counter using T flip-flop. -
3. Design 4-bit Johnson counter using JK flip-flop. Explain its working using waveform.
4. Explain ring counter.
5. Analyze the clocked synchronous machine given below. Write excitation equations, excitation/transition table and state output table (Use state names A-D for Q1-Q2=00-11)
(Given any Diagram)
6. Explain IC 74194 working in detail with applications.
7. What is shift resistor? Explain any one type of shift resistor. Give its applications.
8. Explain working of 3-bit asynchronous counter with proper timing diagram
9. Write differences between synchronous and asynchronous counters.
EDC - I
1. For diodes, define forward voltage drop, maximum forward current, dynamic resistance, reverse saturation current and reverse breakdown voltage.
2. For diodes, discuss different types of junction breakdowns in detail.
3. Write the Numerical for What is DC load line of a diode, draw DC load line for the given circuit.
4. Define the followings related to diode: i) Cut-in voltage ii) Forward characteristics iii) Reverse characteristics iv) Diffusion capacitance v) Temperature effects.
5. Draw energy band diagram of PN Junction diode under zero bias and under forward bias.
6.What happens when PN Junction diode is forward biased, explain considering any suitable application.
7. What is Clamping circuit? Explain with neat Input and Output waveforms for Negative Clamping circuit.
1. With neat diagram, explain minority carrier distribution in npn transistor operating in forward active mode.
2. Explain working of BJT considering all possible modes of operation.
3. Draw output characteristics of BJT in CE configuration and state the importance of active region.
4. For the given BJT circuit, find Current gain, Voltage gain, Input resistance and Output resistance.
5.Determine ICq, VCEq, VC and VE for the BJT based given circuit.(Given Circuit)
6.Compare CB, CE and CC amplifiers.
7.Explain how CC configuration of BJT gives voltage gain less than 1.
8.Derive equation of input resistance, current gain and voltage gain for CC amplifier.
1. Explain two terminal MOS structure.
2. Compare enhancement type and depletion type MOSFET on the basis of their construction, working principle, characteristics and biasing.
3. Write the Numerical for A n-channel JFET with i) If (Given any value), calculate the value of VGS. ii) Calculate (Given any value) iii) Calculate transconductance (Given any value) .
4. Discuss structure and working of MOSFET. Draw VI characteristics and explain.
5. Explain non-linear effects in MOSFET.
6. Derive the equation of threshold voltage V Th of n-channel enhancement MOSFET.
7. Neatly sketch all FET characteristics. Explain how various parameters can be determined from the characteristics. State drain current equation of FET
8. Explain construction, working and characteristics of D MOSFET.
9. Justify how current flows in E MOSFET even in absence of channel inside.
10. Write the Numerical for For the given E MOSFET circuit, determine given..
11. Write the Numerical for Write the Numerical for For the voltage divider biased E MOSFET circuit, derive equation of Input Resistance, voltage gain and output resistance.
1. Sketch characteristics of PN junction solar cell and explain.
2. Explain operation of Photodiode and avalanche photodiode.
3. Sketch and explain tunnel diode characteristics. Explain applications of this diode.
4. Write a short note on Solar cell
5. How solar cells generate electricity, explain with the help of its structure
6. What is varactor diode? Also state its applications
1. Explain characteristics of Zener diode. Explain zener diode as a voltage regulator.
2. What is the use of filter in power supply? Draw the circuit diagram of C-filter and explain its operation.
3. What is the need of Filters? Explain L filter circuit.
1. How Zener diode is different from Normal diode?
2. Write the Numerical for Design single stage CE Amplifier.
1. Explain in detail different types of errors in measurement system.
2. Discuss static and dynamic parameters of instruments with importance of each parameter under consideration
3. Define the following dynamic characteristics of instruments & mention for which types of measurements they have to be considered ? (i) Speed of Response (ii) Lag (iii) Fidelity (iv) Dynamic Error
4. Write the Numerical for Instrument systems & revision of SI electrical units.
5. Define the following static characteristics of instruments: i) Sensitivity, ii) Precision, iii) Dead zone, iv) Drift or v) Accuracy
6. Write the Numerical for magnetic flux & flux density.
1. Draw Schering’s bridge and list applications.
2. Draw and explain Kelvin’s double bridge for unknown resistance measurement.
3. MegOhm Bridge for high resistance measurement
4. Draw Maxwell’s Bridge and list its applications. -
5. Draw a neat circuit diagram of LCR-Q meter & explain its operating principle
6. Write the Numerical for Wien Bridg.
7. Draw the circuit diagram and explain the operation of bridge used to measure capacitance.
1. Draw block diagram of CRO and DSO. List important features and applications of DSO.
2. Explain frequency and phase measurement with oscilloscope.
3. Write a short note on Lissajous figures.
4. Explain the function of delay line in cathode ray oscilloscope (CRO) with neat diagram.
5. Write the Numerical for What is the use of trigger circuit / trigger generator in CRO? Explain with neat diagram.
6. Write the Numerical for Explain how Lissajous patterns. Determine the approximate phase shift of the Lissajous figure/pattern.
7. Compare dual slope and dual beam CRO.
1. With a neat diagram, explain the principle of digital time measurement.
2. Write the Numerical for Describe the operation of that instrument with a neat block diagram.
3. Describe operating principle of harmonic distortion analyzer with a neat block diagram.
4. Draw a neat diagram and explain the operation of successive approximation type DVM.
5. With a neat diagram, explain the principle of digital time measurement.
1. Draw a neat diagram and explain the operation of successive approximation type DVM.
2. Explain LVDT with neat labelled diagram.
3. Write the Numerical for Selection criteria of transducers.
4. Write a short note on Strain gauges.
5. Write a short note on Thermocouples and Thermistor
6. Explain following approaches of temperature measurement: RTD, Thermistors and Thermocouples.
7. Write the Numerical for Criteria for selection of transducers
8. Write the Numerical for Linear variable differential transformer (LVDT)
9. Write the Numerical for Resistance strain gauges.
10. Compare sensor and transducer.
1. Draw a neat labelled McLeod gauge system diagram.
2. Explain level measurement using differential pressure technique.
3. Explain in detail Dead weight testing with neat labelled diagram.
4. Write a short note on Turbine flow meter.
5. Write a short note on Electromagnetic flow meter.
6. Write a short note on Rotameter.
7. Explain the operation of Pirani gauge for pressure measurement.
1. Write the Numerical for Find the current through resistor in given circuit.
2. Write the Numerical for Find the voltage at node.
3. Write the Numerical for Find the current using superposition theorem.
4. Write the Numerical for Find the Thevenin's equivalent network.
1. Write the Numerical for Find the equivalent inductance of the network shown.
2. Explain the graphical representation of series resonance circuit.
3. Write the Numerical for Find current through resistor.
4. Write the Numerical for For the network shown in figure, find the voltage across the capacitor.
5. Write the Numerical for Find Voltage across resistor using mesh Analysis.
1. Write the Numerical for Series R-L circuit.
2. Write the Numerical for For the network shown plot poles and zeros of the transfer impedance function.
3. Write the Numerical for Determine the expression for the current.
4. Write the Numerical for In the network given the switch is changed from position.
5. Write the Numerical for The wolves of primary constants of an open wire line.
6. Write the Numerical for Draw and explain transformed network in s domain for given circuits. Use current and voltage equation.
7. Write the Numerical for Find the circuit constants.
8. Write the Numerical for Find poles and zeros of the impedance of the following network.
9. Write the Numerical for Determine the characteristic impedance and propagation constant of the Line at a frequency.
1. Write the Numerical for Determine h parameters of the network given.
2. Write the Numerical for The impedance parameters of two port network. Compute the Y parameters
3. List the types of damping in a series R-L-C circuit and mention the condition for each damping.
4. Obtain Transmission parameters in terms of 'Z' Parameter.
1. Write the Numerical for Test whether is a positive real functions.
2. Write the Numerical for Check the whether the following polynomials are Hurwitz or not. Use continued fraction method.
3. Write the Numerical for Realise caur forms of the following LC impedance function.
4. Write the Numerical for Realise the following function in Foster- I and Foster-Il form.
5. Write the Numerical for What are conditions for rational function given with real coefficient to be p.r.f?
6. Write the Numerical for Realise the following function in Cauer-I and Cauer-II forms
1. Write the Numerical for Design an m-derived T section high pass filter with a cut off frequency.
2. Explain various types of filters in circuit theory.
3. Write the Numerical for Find the characteristic impedance, cut off frequency and pass band for the network shown.
1. Write the Numerical for Solve Exact Differential Equation using Laplace transform.
2. Write the Numerical for Find Laplace transform.
1. Write the Numerical for Find the Inverse Laplace Transform.
2. Write the Numerical for By using convolution theorem find the Inverse Laplace transform.
1. Write the Numerical for Find the range Fourier sine series.
2. Write the Numerical for Obtain Fourier series.
3. Write the Numerical for Show that the set of limitations Is orthogonal over. Hence construct orthonormal set of functions.
14. Write the Numerical for Define Orthogonal set of functions on (a,b) Show that the functions.
1. Write the Numerical for Where C is the boundary of the surface of hemisphere lying above the xy plane.
2. Write the Numerical for Prove that a vector field is given irrotational Hence find its scalar potential.
3. Write the Numerical for Show that the vector is irrotational .
4. Write the Numerical for Conservative field. Find its scalar potential such that find the work done
1. Write the Numerical for Using Gauss Divergence theorem.
2. Write the Numerical for Evaluate by Green’s theorem.
3. Write the Numerical for By using Stokes theorem.
1. Write the Numerical for Find a bilinear transformation
2. Write the Numerical for Show that under the transformation the circle is mapped to the circle.
3. Prove that Bessel Function
4. Write the Numerical for Find the analytic function whose real part
5. Write the Numerical for Harmonic conjugate orthogonal.
Back to Study Room
You loved it ?
Do you think team brainheaters efforts transformed your studies to a smarter version ? Share your ratings with us !