Bh.Questionbanks | SE-Mech
Brainheaters Questionbanks (Semester Exam) is the collection of handpicked set of questions which are mostly repeated, important and recommended. Learning this set of questions can easily help you top or even just clear the exams. Given below are Expected Questionbanks for semester. To get the solutions to this questions just simply click the Notes and you will be redirected to our notes, Bh.Notes holds your answers. (All Notes are Not Available) !!
1. Write the Numerical for Evaluate the integral using Laplace transform.
2. Write the Numerical for Construct corresponding orthogonal set.
3. Write the Numerical for Find Laplace transform of the periodic function.
4. Write the Numerical for Solve the Laplace equation given for the following data by successive iterations.
5. Write the Numerical for Using convolution theorem find the inverse Laplace transform.
6. Write the Numerical for Solve Exact Differential Equation.
1. Write the Numerical for Determine the analytic function whose real part.
2. Write the Numerical for State Cauchy Riemann equation in polar form.
3. Write the Numerical for Mapping.
4. Write the Numerical for Milne- Thomson method to determine analytic function, when it’s real or imaginary or its combination is given.
1. Write the Numerical for Line integral of a function of a complex variable.
2. Write the Numerical for Using Residue theorem.
3. Write the Numerical for Cauchy’s theorem for analytic functions(without proof) Cauchy’s integral formula (without proof)
1. Write the Numerical for Find complex forms of fourier series.
2. Write the Numerical for Find half range sine series.
3. Write the Numerical for Find fourier expansion.
4. Write the Numerical for Parsvel’s identities (without proof)
1. Write the Numerical for Using Bender schmidt method.
2. Write the Numerical for Solve by Crank-nicolson simplified formula.
3. Write the Numerical for Determine the solution of one dimensional heat equation.
1. Write the Numerical for Show that the functions transform the straight line in the z-plane into Circles in the w-plane.
2. Write the Numerical for Lines of regression.
3. Write the Numerical for Find the coefficient of correlation.
1. Write a short note on: 1) Strain hardening. 2) Burger’s vector. 3) Solid solution. 4) Frank Reed source.
2. Derive an expression for critical resolved shear stress. Explain slip mechanism and Twinning mechanism of plastic deformation.
3. What is recrystallization annealing? Discuss the various stages of recrystallization annealing. What are factors affecting it?
4. What are Composites? Give Classification of Composites.
5. Differentiate in between Edge Dislocation and Screw Dislocation.
6. Modes of deformation in materials.
7. How is surface hardening different from case hardening? Discuss any one of the case hardening methods in detail.
8. Find the modulus of the composite in longitudinal direction. (Given; Value) (Given any numerical)
9. What do you understand by Composite materials? Explain their properties and applications.
10. How are dislocations regenerated at Frank Reed Source? Explain with neat diagram.
11. Classify Crystal Imperfections. Distinguish between Edge and Screw Dislocation.
1. Rotating beam fatigue testing machine.
2. Define creep. Explain stages of creep.
3. Derive an expression for Griffith theory of brittle fracture. Also state Orowan’s modification.
4. Define Fatigue. Draw S-N curve and explain its interpretation.
1. Write short note on Transformed Ledeburite.
2. Write the Numerical for Draw Fe-Fe3C diagram and explain cooling of given alloy in Fe-Fe3C diagram.
3. Join explain construction of Time Temperature Transformation (TTT) diagrams of 0.8 % carbon alloy.
4. Write short note on: 1) Chromising 2) Types of Cast Iron. 3) Allotropic modifications of iron. 4) Importance of Iron as Engineering Material.
1. Write a short note on: 1) Subzero treatment. 2) Normalising. 3) Austempering. 4) Hardenability Test. 5) Retained austenite.
2. What is case hardening? Discuss the process of Nitriding and Cyaniding in detail.
3. Draw and Explain Isomorphous and Eutectic Phase diagram.
4. Explain Flame Hardening and Induction Hardening.
5. Explain Carbusting in detail.
6. What are factors affecting hardenability? Explain Jominy End Quench test.
1. Effect of alloying elements on phase transformation.
2. What are Stainless Steels? Classify Stainless Steels. Discuss and mention their applications.
3. Give classification of Stainless Steel.
4. Describe the cooling of (Given any value) C steel to room temperature. Also find out the proposition of micro-constituents in it at room temperature.
5. Effect of Alloying elements on properties of Steel.
6. Write a short note on Martempering.
1. Write a short note On: 1) Nano materials. 2) MR fluids. 3) Rule of mixtures of composites.
2. What are nanocomposites? Give applications of nanocomposites.
3. What are smart materials? Discuss a few applications for smart materials.
1. Write a short note on: 1) CO2 mould casting. 2) Pattern allowances. 3) Inspection of castings. 4) Transfer machines
2. Describe ten types of casting defects with their remedies.
3. Differentiate the following : i) Pattern and core boxes. ii) Core and core print.
4. What is meant by riser? State the functions of riser.
5. Describe the desirable properties of moulding sand.
6. Determine the dimensions of riser so that its (Given any Numerical)
1. Write a short note on: 1) Friction welding 2) Microstructure of welds 3) Explosive welding 4) Gas cutting Operation.
2. With a neat sketch explain the principle and working of resistance welding process. Also discuss its advantages, limitations, and applications.
3. Differentiate welding, soldering and brazing
4. What is NDT. List various methods of NDT. Explain Ultrasonic method of crack detection.
5. Differentiate between TIG and MIG welding process.
6. With a neat sketch explain Thermit welding operation.
7. Discuss various defects found in welding.
8. Define weldability and describe the factors affecting it.
1. Write a short note on: 1) Extrusion. 2) Tube drawing operation 3) Thread rolling
2. What is meant by forging? Differentiate between closed die forging and open die forging. OR Describe the common types of forging hammers.
3. Describe in detail various rolling defects.
4. Explain vacuum forming process of polymers.
5. Explain rotary swaging with its sketch.
6. Describe Calendering process for plastic with a neat labelled sketch.
7. Differentiate between hot working and cold working processes
8. Define the terms ‘Spread ' . 'Elongation' and ‘Draft ' with respect to rolling process.
1. Compare transfer moulding and compression moulding.
2. Discuss Rotational Molding process with neat sketch.
3. With a neat sketch explain the working principle of plastic injection moulding process.
4. Write short note on application of plastics in industries.
5. Write short note on Blow moulding process.
6. With the help of diagrams discuss the various type of cores used in sand moulding process.
7. Compare thermoplastics and thermosetting plastics
1. Differentiate the following: 1) Shaper and Planner. 2) Lapping and Honing
2. How are Milling Machines classified with a neat sketch? Describe any one Milling Machine 53. 3. 3. Explain centreless grinding operation.
4. Describe types of drilling machines and their application.
5. Describe machining the operations performed on lathe machine
1. State various vertical machining centres . Describe any one in detail.
2. Differentiate between open-loop and closed system in CNC machines
3. Write Short note on following: i) Machine Tools Classification ii) Automatic machines.
1. Draw stress strain curve for ductile and brittle material also Explain factor of safety with the help of stress strain diagram of both.
2. Write the Numerical for Find the changes in the dimensions of the block and also the change in volume.
3. Write the Numerical for Find the total strain energy of the bar when it is subjected to an axial pull.
4. Establish the relationship between Young's modulus, Modulus of rigidity and Bulk modulus.
5. Derive an expression for the elongation of bar having rectangular section duty with self-weight.
6. Write the Numerical for Find the stresses in each material and extension of the cable.
7. Write the Numerical for Hollow circular cross section of outside diameter.
8. Define bulk modulus. Derive an expression for Young’s modulus, in terms of Bulk modulus and Poisson’s Ratio.
9. Write the Numerical for Determine the safe Rankine load.
1. Establish the relationship between shear force, bending moment and rate of loading in beam.
2. Write the Numerical for A stepped bar ABCD has the dimensions and then find the change in length of the bar.
3. Write the Numerical for Draw SFD and BMD for simply supported beam carrying udl (w) over the full span (L).
4. Write the Numerical for Flitched beam consists of Steel and Timber as shown in figure. Determine the moment of resistance of The Beam.
1. Write the Numerical for Maximum shear stress, Also draw shear stress distribution diagram.
2. Write the Numerical for Find maximum shear stress developed in the section and draw shear stress distribution diagram.
3. Write the Numerical for What do you mean by core of a section? Obtain the core of a hollow circular section.
4. Write the Numerical for At a point in a material under stress, the intensity of the resultant stress on a certain plane.
5. Write the Numerical for State the assumptions in the theory of pure bending and derive the formula.
6. Write the Numerical for Draw shears force and bending moment diagrams for the beam.
1. State Torsion Formula and explain the terms involved in it. Give assumptions in the analysis of pure Torsion.
2. Write the Numerical for Determine the diameter of a solid shaft, which will transmit .
3. Write the Numerical for Find the maximum power that can be transmitted by given if permissible shear stress for the shaft material.
4. Write the Numerical for Internal diameter of a hollow shaft is. Find the internal and external diameters of the shaft assuming that the maximum torque.
5. Write the Numerical for Calculate the strain energy stored in the bar. Find also the extension of the bar.
1. Define Hoop stress and Longitudinal stress in thin cylinder. Derive their formula.
2. Write the Numerical for Find the circumferential, longitudinal stresses and Maximum shear stress. Find also the changes in diameter, Length and volume of the shell.
3. Write the Numerical for Find slope and deflection equation for the beam as shown in figure. Determine the deflection at a point given.
4. Write the Numerical for Cross section in the form of an isosceles triangle with the base. Also determine shearing stresses at (Given any value)
5. Write the Numerical for Find slope and deflection at B,C and D for the beam shown in figure.
6. Draw SFD and BMD. (Given any Numerical)
7. Write the Numerical for Simply supported beam, What is the value of safe load W?
1. Write the Numerical for Find Euler’s crippling load for hollow cylindrical column. Also determine Rankine’s crippling load for the same column.
2. Write the Numerical for Determine the crippling load for a T section having dimensions.
3. Write the Numerical for Find the greatest eccentricity, which the load can have without producing tension on the cross section.
1. Explain thermodynamic equilibrium. What is a quasistatic process and quasistatic equilibrium?
2. Explain critical point.
3. Explain zeroth law of thermodynamics with neat sketch. State its significance.
4. Calculate the available and unavailable energies. Take specific heat of steel as (Given any Numerical)
1. Explain Joule-Thompson Coefficient, state its significance.
2. State the first law for a closed system undergoing a change of state.
1. An inventor claims that his engine has following specifications. (Given any Numerical) Discuss the possibility of the claim.
2. Explain principle of increase of entropy OR Explain heat pump and refrigerator with neat sketch.
3. Three Carnot engines. Calculate intermediate temperatures if amount of work produced by these engines is in the proportions of (Given any Numerical)
4. Find the following for the initial state: Dryness fraction, specific entropy and specific volume, mass of liquid and mass of vapour. (Given any Numerical)
5. Write both the statement of second law of thermodynamics.
6. Prove that entropy is property of system.
7. Determine the heat received from highest temperature reservoir and heat reject to reservoir at
(Given any Numerical)
8. Calculate specific enthalpy and specific entropy of steam at a pressure of 10 bar and having dryness fraction of (Given any Numerical)
9. Define i) Wet Steam, ii) Superheated Steam, iii) Dryness Fraction, iv) Saturated Temperature.
10. State Kelvin-Planck statement and Clausius statement of the second law of thermodynamics.
11. State and prove the Clausius inequality. OR Clausius theorem.
1. Write the Numerical for Apply steady flow equation on boiler, turbine and nozzle.
2. Write the Numerical for The power output of a steam turbine.
3. Derive the Maxwell Relations.
4. Define: 1) Availability, 2) Dead state, 3) Irreversibility, 4) Enthalpy of combustion, 5) Enthalpy of formation, ) Standard reference state, 7) Dryness fraction, 8) Saturation temperature, 9) Work ratio 10) Specific steam consumption.
5. A diesel engine has compression ratio of (Given any Numerical) Find the air standard efficiency.
6. Explain adiabatic flame temperature OR Explain higher and lower calorific values OR Explain Carnot Theorem with neat sketch.
7. Write the Numerical for Steam power plant working Rankine cycle uses steam. Determine thermal efficiency of the cycle and plot the cycle on T-S chart.
8. Write the Numerical for Determine the enthalpy of combustion of liquid octane given pressure.
1. Write the Numerical for Calculate the maximum work that can be obtained from air work that can be obtained from air.
2. Write the Numerical for Determine the actual as well as theoretical air fuel ratio. The formula of hydrocarbon is of the form CxHy. Take molecular weight of air.
3. Write the Numerical for Find the index of expansion for polytropic process.
4. Draw a neat diagram of vane type blower and explain its working.
5. Write the Numerical for Determine the heat transfer in the compressor and the aftercooler.
6. Derive the first and second Tds equations.
7. Draw a neat diagram of Roots blower and explain its working.
8. What do you understand by multistage compression? What are its merits over single stage compression?
9. Write the Numerical for Single stage reciprocating air compressor.
1. Write the Numerical for Derive expression for air standard efficiency of Otto cycle.
2. Explain as how reheating and regeneration in Rankine cycle is beneficial.
3. What are the assumptions made for air standard cycle?
4. Write the Numerical for Draw p-V and T-S diagrams of Atkinson Cycle and Stirling cycle, state the processes.
5. Write the Numerical for Working on air standard diesel cycle.
6. What do you understand by mean temperature of heat addition? For a given temperature of heat rejection show how the Rankine cycle efficiency depends on the mean temperature of heat addition.
You loved it ?
Do you think team brainheaters efforts transformed your studies to a smarter version ? Share your ratings with us !