Questionbanks | SOM (CIVIL)
A quick guide to Bh.Questionbanks
Brainheaters Questionbanks is the collection of handpicked set of questions which are mostly repeated, important and recommended. Learning this set of questions can easily help you top or even just clear the exams. Given below are Expected Questionbanks for semester.
1. Draw stress strain curve for ductile and brittle material also Explain factor of safety with the help of stress strain diagram of both.
2. Determine the maximum weight W that can be supported by two wires as shown in fig. (Given Diagram) (Given any Numerical)
3. A stepped bar ABCD has the following dimensions (Given Diagram or Numerical) Calculate the thrust exerted by the bar on clamps: (Given any Numerical to Find)
4. Determine the elongation, change in diameter & change in volume of the rod. Also, find the bulk modulus. (Given any Numerical)
5. The following results were obtained in a tension test on a Mild Steel specimen of Gauge Length (Given any Numerical)
6. Find the maximum load the beam can carry if the compressive and tensile stress not to be exceed (Given any Numerical)
1. Establish the relationship between shear force, bending moment and rate of loading in beam.
2. Derive the relationship between the loading(w), Shear Force(F) & Bending Moment(M).
3. A cantilever beam of solid circular section (Given any Numerical) Calculate the diameter of beam required.
4. Find the changes in the dimensions of the block and also the change in volume. (Given any Numerical)
5. Draw SFD and BMD showing all the important points. (Given any Numerical and Diagram)
6. Find slope and deflection equation for the beam as shown in figure. Determine the deflection at a point where couple (Given any Numerical and Diagram)
7. Calculate total decrease in length of the bar. (Given any Numerical)
8. Draw the shear force and bending moment diagram for the beam loaded as shown in fig. (Given Diagram)
1. Derive the expression for strain energy due to gradually applied axial load.
2. Find the total strain energy of the bar when it is subjected to an axial pull (Given any Numerica)
3. Write a note on flitched beams, with neat sketches.
4. Derive an expression for the strain energy due to suddenly applied loads.
5. Explain with the help of neat sketch concept of equivalent section use in flitched beam.
6. A flitched beam consist of wooden joist (Given any Numerical). Find the moment of resistance by using transformed area concept.
1. For a rectangular cross section of beam, show that the maximum shear stress. Also draw shear stress distribution diagram. (Given any Numerical)
2. State Torsion Formula and explain the terms involved in it. Give assumptions in the analysis of pure Torsion.
3. Determine the maximum shear stress at a section … from the support. (Given any Numerical)
4. Find maximum shear stress developed in the section and draw shear stress distribution diagram. (Given any Numerical)
5. Draw typical Shear Stress Distribution diagrams for the symmetrical I section. (Given any Numerical)
6. Sketch Shear Stress Distribution across the section. (Given any Numerical)
7. Draw the shear stress distribution diagram. (Given any Numerical)
8. Determine the diameter of shaft. (Given any Numerical)
1. What are the assumptions of Euler's column buckling theory?
2. Calculate the diameter of beam required.
3. Find the safe load the column can carry if (Given any Numerical) use Euler’s formula.
4. Derive the expression for strain energy due to gradually applied axial load.
5. Find Euler’s crippling load for hollow cylindrical. Determine Rankine’s crippling load for the same column. (Given any Numerical)
6. Determine the maximum & minimum stresses at the base of the dam (section m-n). Draw the Stress Distribution Diagram at the Dam base. (Given any Numerical) (Given Diagram)
7. What was the shortcoming of the Euler's Column Failure theory? Write Rankine's Column Crippling theory, indicating the meaning of each term.
1. Define Hoop stress and Longitudinal stress in thin cylinder. Derive their formula.
2. Find also the maximum shear stress & change in dimensions. (Given any Numerical)
3. Calculate change in dimension of shell.
4. Find the normal, tangential and resultant stress at a plane inclined (Given any value) to the major principal plane. (Given any Numerical)
5. Find the change in the dimensions of the bar & the change in volume. (Given any Numerical)
6. Find the temperature stress produced, when the expansion of the rod is fully prevented. (Given any Numerical)