Questionbanks | SOM (Mechanical)
A quick guide to Bh.Questionbanks
Brainheaters Questionbanks is the collection of handpicked set of questions which are mostly repeated, important and recommended. Learning this set of questions can easily help you top or even just clear the exams. Given below are Expected Questionbanks for semester. To get the solutions to this questions just simply click the Notes and you will be redirected to our notes, Bh.Notes holds all the answers of Semester !
1. Draw stress strain curve for ductile and brittle material also Explain factor of safety with the help of stress strain diagram of both.
2. A steel block (Given any value) is subjected to the following forces. (Give any Points). Find the changes in the dimensions of the block and also the change in volume. (Given any Numerical)
3. A steel bar consist of two equal portions. Find the total strain energy of the bar when it is subjected to an axial pull o(Given any Numerical)
4. Establish the relationship between Young's modulus, Modulus of rigidity and Bulk modulus.
5. Derive an expression for the elongation of bar having rectangular section duty with self-weight.
6. A high voltage overhead cable. Find the stresses in each material and extension of the cable.
(Given any Numerical)
7. A short column has a hollow circular cross section of outside diameter (Given any Numerical).
(Given any Points)
8. A bimetallic thermal control shown in Figure. (Given Diagram). Calculate (Given any Points)
9. Define bulk modulus. Derive an expression for Young’s modulus, in terms of Bulk modulus and Poisson’s Ratio.
10. A hollow cast iron column. Determine the safe Rankine load. (Given any Numerical)
1. Establish the relationship between shear force, bending moment and rate of loading in beam.
2. A stepped bar ABCD has the following dimensions : (Given ny Points).
Find the value of ‘P’ for equilibrium and then find the change in length of the bar. (Given Diagram)
3. Draw SFD and BMD for simply supported beam carrying udl (w) over the full span (L).
4. Flitched beam consists of Steel and Timber as shown in figure. Determine the moment of resistance of The Beam. (Given Diagram)
1. For a rectangular cross section of beam, show that the maximum shear stress is (Given any Value) times the average shear stress. Also draw shear stress distribution diagram.
2. Find maximum shear stress developed in the section and draw shear stress distribution diagram.
(Given any Numerical)
3. What do you mean by core of a section? Obtain the core of a hollow circular section.
4. At a point in a material under stress, the intensity of the resultant stress on a certain plane (Given Numerical).
Find (Given Points) (Given Diagram)
5. State the assumptions in the theory of pure bending and derive the formula (Given any Numerical)
6. Draw shears force and bending moment diagrams for the beam. (Given any Numerical)
1. State Torsion Formula and explain the terms involved in it. Give assumptions in the analysis of pure Torsion.
2. Determine the diameter of a solid shaft, which will transmit (Given any Value) and the working conditions to be satisfied are : (Given any Points)
3. Find the maximum power that can be transmitted by (Given any Value) if permissible shear stress for the shaft material is (Given any Value)
4. Internal diameter of a hollow shaft is (Given any Numerical). Find the internal and external diameters of the shaft assuming that the maximum torque.
5. Calculate the strain energy stored in the bar. Find also the extension of the bar. (Given any Numerical)
1. Define Hoop stress and Longitudinal stress in thin cylinder. Derive their formula.
2. Find the circumferential, longitudinal stresses and Maximum shear stress. Find also the changes in diameter, Length and volume of the shell. (Given any Numerical)
3. Find slope and deflection equation for the beam as shown in figure. Determine the deflection at a point where couple 50 kNm is acting. (Given Diagram)
4. A beam has a cross section in the form of an isosceles triangle with the base (Given any Numerical) Also determine shearing stresses at (Given any value)
5. Find slope and deflection at B,C and D for the beam shown in figure. (Given Diagram)
6. Draw SFD and BMD. (Given any Numerical)
7. A simply supported beam, What is the value of safe load W? (Given any Numerical)
1. Find Euler’s crippling load for hollow cylindrical column (Given any Numerical).Also determine Rankine’s crippling load for the same column.
2. Determine the crippling load for a T section having dimensions (Given any Numerical)
3. Find the greatest eccentricity, which the load can have without producing tension on the cross section. (Given any Numerical)