Electrical - Sem 5
psE - MOVE IN SEM 6
EM II - MOVE IN SEM 4
EFW - MOVE IN SEM 4
Electrical - Sem 6
EM - III - MOVE IN SEM 5
CS - I - MOVE IN SEM 5
UEE - MOVE IN SEM 5
Electronics- Sem 5
1. Explain addressing modes of 8051
2. Memory organization of 8051
3. Write a program to convert Hexadecimal to decimal number
4. Operating modes of ARM processor
5. Explain addressing modes of ARM 7 TDMI with example
6. Compare ARM state and THUMB state
7. Interrupts and exceptions of ARM 7 TDMI
8. Pipeline of ARM 7 TDMI. State advantages and disadvantages
9. Interfacing diagrams
10. Interface a stepper motor with 8051. Draw diagram and also write a program for it
11. Serial port and modes of operation in 8051 architecture
12. Explain the programmer’s model(register structure ) in ARM 7 TDMI architecture
13. Explain the bit orientation of CPSR register for ARM 7 TDMI architecture
14. Compare RET and RETI in 8051 architecture
Note : For more information regarding sums refer blueprints.
SAS - MOVE IN SEM 6
1. State and prove Time shifting and Convolution property of Continuous time Fourier transform
2. Determine whether the given signal is energy or power signal and obtain its energy power(Sums)
3. Distinguish between power signals and energy signals
4. State and prove differentiation of Z-transform
5. Define ESD and PSD. What is the relation of ESD and PSD with autocorrelation?
6. State and prove final value theorem of Laplace transform
7. Prove shifting property of Z transform
8. Prove convolution property of Fourier transform
9. Prove Parseval’s theorem of Fourier series
10. Sums based on circular convolution
11. Sums based on DTFT
12. Z-Transformation sums
13. Causality and stability of systems(Sums)
14. Fourier series and its properties
15. Graphical convolution sums
16. Laplace transform and inverse Laplace sums and its properties.
17. Determine Z- Transform for all ROC
18. Classify signals as Periodic/non periodic , energy signal/ power signal , time variant/invariant
19. Differential signal would be given, find the response (Impluse/step/ramp)
Electronics- Sem 6
- What is cohesion and coupling. Explain different forms of it.
- Compare the white box and black box testing
- Explain COCOMO II Model
- What is SCM and explain in detail
- Explain the software quality assurance.
- Software Maintenance and different types of maintenance.
- Explain the reverse engineering process
- Compare verification and validation
- Explain the agile Methodology and its principle.
- Explain any one agile method in detail.
- Explain the COCOMO model in detail.
- What is SRS document ? build an SRS document (System will be given)
- Explain in detail the Incremental Process model.
- Explain the umbrella activities
- Explain the evolutionary model in detail.
- What is software risk ? and types of risk
- Finding FP types of Sums
- Numerical problems based on COCOMO and COCOMO II models
- Explain the change control and version control detail.
- Explain the different matrices used for maintaining the software quality
- Features and advantages of good U.I and also design a U.I for (any given system)
Why the questions are in different sets ?
Use this set of questions for the preparation in PL and also in leaves during examination.
Dividing the questions in different sets helps them to study effectively per day. (Focus on Concepts of those questions)
If you have any alternate method to deal with this set's please do it and score well.
1. Explain referential integrity
2. Transparencies in DDBMS
3. Short note on: dynamic SQL and Object Query Language (OQL)
4. Different types of SQL injection attacks? What are risks associated with it. Explain any one in detail.
5. Explain ECA model
6. Explain Dynamic Multilevel Indexes using B-Trees or B*-Trees
7. Different characteristics of Data Warehouse
8. ACID properties of Transaction
9. What is the role of metadata in data ware house
10. Explain Star Schema
11. Compare Data Warehouse Modeling and Operational Database Modeling
12. What are the roles of Analysis, Redo and Undo phases in ARIES? Explain with example.
13. Describe the Rollup or Drilldown OLAP operations.
14. Compare OLTP and OLAP
15. What do you mean by granting and revoking a privilege
16. Concurrency control in DDBMS
17. Explain ETL phase in creating a data warehouse
18. Architecture of Data Warehouse.
19. Explain factless fact table
20.Explain OQL concepts.
Note: SQL queries are very important. It has to be practiced as much as possible.
1. Various process scheduling queues
2. Types of semaphores
3. Different types of kernel architecture
4. State the necessary conditions for deadlock and explain how to prevent it.
5. What is mutual exclusion? Explain Peterson’s algorithm for mutual exclusion
6. Internal and external fragmentation
7. Define system calls and explain four system calls
8. Short note: Producer consumer problem
9. Explain various RAID levels
10. What is meant by Inter process communication? Explain Shared memory and message passing
11. Explain process control block
12. Short note: Android OS
13. Short note: File Access methods
14. Explain disk scheduling algorithms
15. Comparer paging and segmentation also explain various place replacement algorithms
16. File allocation methods
17. Explain process control block
18. Explain critical problem and race condition
19. Short note: Process state diagram
20. File systems in Windows and Linux OS
21. Functions of Operating System
22. Compare FCFS and SJF scheduling algorithm
23. Short note on: Multithreading
24. Deadlock detection algorithm.
25. Explain semaphore.Explain the counting semaphore with the help of an example.
Note : For more details regarding Sums refer blueprints.
- Define "Data Mining". Enumerate five example applications that can benefit by using Data Mining.
- Clearly explain the data preprocessing phase for data mining.
- Describe one hierarchical clustering algorithm using an example dendrogram
- Explain the concept of a decision support system with the help of an example application.
- Sums based on construction of a Naive Bayes' Classifier for the dataset. Briefly explain Regression based Classifiers
- Sums based on Apriori algortihm to identify the frequent item-set in the given database.
- Explain multidimensional multi level Association rules with examples
- What is clustering? Explain k-means clustering algorithm.
- Sums based on k-means clustering algorithm.
- What is an outlier? Describe methods that can be used for outlier analysis
- Consider the following case study: A telecom company wants to analyze and improve its performance by introducing a series of innovative mobile payment plants. For this case study design a BI system, clearly explaining all steps from data collection to decision making.
- Clearly explain the working of the DBSCAN algorithm using appropriate diagrams.
- Sums based on hierarchical clustering algorithm.
- Define Business intelligence and decision support systems with examples
- Explain Data mining as a step in KDD. Give the architecture of typical Data Mining system.
- Explain BIRCH algorithm with example.
- Explain different visualization techniques that can be used in data mining.
- Define classification, issues of classification and explain ID3 classification with example
- What is text mining? Explain different approaches to text mining.
- Explain Business Intelligence Issues
- Explain sequence mining in Transactional database
- Design a BI system for fraud detection by describing all the steps from Data Collection to Decision Making.
- Define "Outlier". What are the different types of Outliers that occur in dataset?
- Discuss various Models of Distributed System?
- Differentiate between NOS and DOS giving examples of each?
- What is the difference between Stateful and Stateless server implementation models?
- Give example of distributed applications using each of the implementation model.
- What do you understand by clock synchronization in distributed system? Explain one technique of logical clock synchronization.
- Explain Code Migration and the role of Mobile Agents?
- List down the issues in designing Distributed Load balancing technique. Explain any two in detail.
- Explain RPC Call semantics.
- What are the various Group Communication protocols. Explain any one.
- How Deadlock Detection is different for a distributed system. Explain any one algorithm of Distributed Deadlock Detection.
- Explain Distributed algorithm for Mutual Exclusion. What are the advantages and the disadvantages of it over Centralized algorithm.
- Explain Process Migration in Heterogeneous environment.
- Light-weight RPC
- Name Resolution in DNS.
- Data Centric and Client Centric Consistency Models.
- .NET architecture
- Distributed Computing Models.
- Explain SOA life cycle with diagram. Also state the advantages of SOA.
- Explain RMI in CORBA by defining three level architecture in CORBA.
- Give in detail steps required for developing an application using EJB framework with example.
- Explain the Lamport's happens before relation along with the conditions. How are Lamport's logical clocks implemented?
- Compare processes and threads. Explain user level and kernel level threads. What is the need of light weight threads?
- What happens if two process failure of the coordinator simultaneously and both decide to hold election? Explain.
- RMI Execution
- Message Buffering in IPC
- Define Happened-Before relationship. Explain implementation of logical clocks with an example
- Compare Bully election algorithm with Ring based election algorithm.
- Explain Parameters passing Semantics in RPC
- Explain with examples, Vulnerability, Threat and attacks.
- Discuss with examples the following: i) ARP spoofing ii) TCP syn flood attack iii) Port scanning iv) IP spoofing
- Discuss with an example how knapsack is used in cryptography.
- Explain the roles of the different servers in Kerberos protocol. How does the user get authenticated to the different servers?
- Define access control list and capability list and compare them. Explain the Bell La Padula access control model.
- Differentiate between the tunnel mode and transport mode of IPSec. Explain how integrity is achieved.
- List the different protocols of SSL. Explain in detail Handshake protocol. How does server get authenticated to client?
- List and explain the different TCP/IP vulnerabilities.
- What are the different approaches to Software Reverse Engineering?
- With the help of example explain cross-site scripting and SQL injection attacks.
- Linux File Security
- Phishing and Pharming techniques
- Federated Identity Management.
- Biometric authentication schemes.
- Differentiate between Multilevel and Multilateral security with the help of example.
- Explain different types of malicious attacks
- Differentiate between SSL and IP Sec protocols
- Explain Needham Schroeder Authentication Protocol.
- What is Digital Signature? Explain how it is created at the sender end and retrieved at receiver end. Differentiate digital signature from digital certificate.
- Explain non malicious program errors with the help of examples.
- What is Digital Right management? Explain DRM in Real world.
- Explain the role of Firewall in securing a network. Describe different types of Firewall
- Explain secure Email and S/MIME.
- Packet Sniffing
- Session Hijacking
- Cross-site request forgery
- Distributed -Denial of Service attack.
- Access control policies
- Sums based on RSA algorithm
- Federated Identity Management
- What are the different phases of a virus? How does a virus propagate?
- Multi level access control
- Give two techniques to establish a covert channel
- Software Reverse Engineering
- With respect to SSL protocol explain the following :- i) Generation of master key ii)Authenticiation of server to client.
- Compare and contrast discretionary access control and mandatory access control.
- What is an IDS? How does it differ from a honeypot? Discuss the different types of IDS.
- Compare waterfall model and spiral model.
- What is Agility? Describe Extreme programming process?
- Define the principal to achieve agility.
- What do you understand by process maturity?
- Prepare software requirement specification (SRS) for course management system.
- Explain incremental process model with suitable example.
- Draw DFD (Level 0, 1 and 2) and explain.
- What is functional and non-functional requirement of SRS?
- List three common types of risks that a typical software project might suffer from. Give the RMMM plan for the same.
- Describe the activities of project scheduling and tracking.
- What is quality assurance? Discuss various levels of quality assurance in software engineering.
- What is baseline in the content of software configuration management? Describe how version control and change control are carried out during SCM?
- What are the main advantages of using an object-oriented approach to software design over a function oriented approach?
- Explain the user interface design process.
- What is quality Assurance? What are different parameter of Quality?
- Explain the term unit testing. Also compare top-down and bottom-up testing.
- Service-oriented software engineering
- Reverse engineering
- Empirical estimation techniques
- Test driven development.
- Define Metrics. Describe process and project metrics.
- What test is carried during verification and validation? Explain with example.
- Discuss and compare coupling and cohesion in brief.
- White Box and Black Box Testing
- Security Engineering
- CMM and Key Process Areas.
- Explain SCRUM.
- Mention SQA activities.
- OO testing.
- Mention the reasons for project delay. What are the risks associated with project delay?
- Explain architectural design for e-Commerce System.
- Explain how are change control and version control are carried out.
- Compare agile and traditional Software Development models.
- Deployment-Level design element
- What are the different probable origins of changes that are requested for software
- Components Based Development
Chapter No 1 – Basic fundamentals of structural analysis
Kinematic Indeterminacy, neglecting axial deformation in flexuaral members
Chapter No 2 - Deflection of statically determinate structures
Chapter No 3 – Flexibility Method
Chapter No 4 : Two Hinged Parabolic arches
Chapter No 5 – Slope Deflection Method
Using Slope-Deflection Method, Analyse the frame loaded and supported as shown (figure will be given) Also draw BMD and deflected shape of the frame
Chapter No 6 – Moment distribution method
Chapter No 7 – Stiffness Method
Chapter No 8 – Introduction to plastic analysis of steel structures
Chp1: Dynamics of Fluid Flow
Chp4: Hydraulic Turbines
T.E - I
Chp1: Introduction to Transportation Engineering
Chp12: Runways Orientation and Design(Airport Layout)
0 to 400 +1%
400 to 800 -0.8%
800 to 1200 +0.6%
G.E II - Importance
The paper mainly contains 70% Numerical and Diagrams to be solved and 30% of theory, concentrate more on sums.
Given below are the theory question whose concepts need to be done clearly to get marks on theory.
DDSS - Importance
Important theory questions and numerical estimation
The question paper mainly contains drawing and numerical problems based on it. Some of the theory questions are asked for sure.
Given below are few selected questions from the last papers and topper’s recommended do this
questions and also the concept on which the questions are based.
A.H II - Importance
Important theory questions and numerical estimation.
Please Note Entire question paper is divided in two parts with theory and Numerical given below are the theory questions review from last year paper’s and also topper’s recommended. Please go through entire concepts which contains these questions.
For the Numerical prediction please refer blueprints.
T.E - Importance
Given below are the list of selective questions from the last year paper’s and books whose concepts are having higher chances to be appear in the exams.
T.R.P.C - Importance
Important questions to be learned
The paper mainly contains 50% theory and rest of the numerical with options given below are the selective set of questions from the last year papers recommended by the Topper’s.
The concepts which contains this questions are really important concepts so do it clearly to score better.
E.E i Importance
Given below are the list of Important questions selectively grabbed from the last year papers and topper’s recommendation. Refer this and also your own question bank for a good score.
Important questions to be learned