Questionbanks | THEMODYNAMICS
A quick guide to Bh.Questionbanks
Brainheaters Questionbanks is the collection of handpicked set of questions which are mostly repeated, important and recommended. Learning this set of questions can easily help you top or even just clear the exams. Given below are Expected Questionbanks for semester. To get the solutions to this questions just simply click the Notes and you will be redirected to our notes, Bh.Notes holds all the answers of Semester !
1. Explain thermodynamic equilibrium. What is a quasistatic process and quasistatic equilibrium?
2. Explain critical point.
3. Explain zeroth law of thermodynamics with neat sketch. State its significance.
4. Calculate the available and unavailable energies. Take specific heat of steel as (Given any Numerical)
1. Explain Joule-Thompson Coefficient, state its significance.
2. State the first law for a closed system undergoing a change of state.
1. An inventor claims that his engine has following specifications. (Given any Numerical) Discuss the possibility of the claim.
2. Explain principle of increase of entropy OR Explain heat pump and refrigerator with neat sketch.
3. Three Carnot engines. Calculate intermediate temperatures if amount of work produced by these engines is in the proportions of (Given any Numerical)
4. Find the following for the initial state: Dryness fraction, specific entropy and specific volume, mass of liquid and mass of vapour. (Given any Numerical)
5. Write both the statement of second law of thermodynamics.
6. Prove that entropy is property of system.
7. Determine the heat received from highest temperature reservoir and heat reject to reservoir at
(Given any Numerical)
8. Calculate specific enthalpy and specific entropy of steam at a pressure of 10 bar and having dryness fraction of (Given any Numerical)
9. Define i) Wet Steam, ii) Superheated Steam, iii) Dryness Fraction, iv) Saturated Temperature.
10. State Kelvin-Planck statement and Clausius statement of the second law of thermodynamics.
11. State and prove the Clausius inequality. OR Clausius theorem.
1. Apply steady flow equation on boiler, turbine and nozzle.
2. The power output of a steam turbine is (Given any Numerical)
Compute : (Given Points)
3. Derive the Maxwell Relations.
4. Define: 1) Availability, 2) Dead state, 3) Irreversibility, 4) Enthalpy of combustion, 5) Enthalpy of formation, ) Standard reference state, 7) Dryness fraction, 8) Saturation temperature, 9) Work ratio 10) Specific steam consumption.
5. A diesel engine has compression ratio of (Given any Numerical) Find the air standard efficiency.
6. Explain adiabatic flame temperature OR Explain higher and lower calorific values OR Explain Carnot Theorem with neat sketch.
7. A steam power plant working Rankine cycle uses steam (Given any Numerical). Determine thermal efficiency of the cycle and plot the cycle on T-S chart.
8. Determine the enthalpy of combustion of liquid octane (Given any Numerical) pressure using the following data -
Calculate (Given Points)
1. Calculate the maximum work that can be obtained from air. work that can be obtained from air.
(Given any Numerical)
2. Determine the actual as well as theoretical air fuel ratio. The formula of hydrocarbon is of the form CxHy. Take molecular weight of air (Given any Numerical)
3. Find the index of expansion for polytropic process. (Given any Numerical)
4. Draw a neat diagram of vane type blower and explain its working.
5. Determine the heat transfer in the compressor and the aftercooler. (Given any Numerical)
6. Derive the first and second Tds equations.
7. Draw a neat diagram of Roots blower and explain its working.
8. What do you understand by multistage compression? What are its merits over single stage compression?
9. A single stage reciprocating air compressor (Given any Numerical) Calculate : (Given Points)
1. Derive expression for air standard efficiency of Otto cycle.
2. Explain as how reheating and regeneration in Rankine cycle is beneficial.
3. What are the assumptions made for air standard cycle?
4. Draw p-V and T-S diagrams of Atkinson Cycle and Stirling cycle, state the processes.
5. An engine working on air standard diesel cycle (Given any Numerical) Find (Given Points)
6. What do you understand by mean temperature of heat addition? For a given temperature of heat rejection show how the Rankine cycle efficiency depends on the mean temperature of heat addition.